5. Dwarf Woodlands

As you flew your bike glider through the lanes in between, your mind started to wander.

Flashback

You were ready to finally start your mark of mastery exam. As you stood at attention, master Eraqus stood from his throne.

"It is my honor to announce the start of your mark of mastery exam. Even though your guardians abandoned you and darkness could easily seep into your heart, you remained vigilant, ever letting the Light guide you in your training and your endeavors."

Master Eraqus smiled proudly. You felt sort of proud of yourself as well. You were able to not let your emotions get the worst of you in all of your training.
As Master Eraqus turned to his friend, Master Yen Sid, your gaze followed, as the Master wizard nodded to you. His eyes looked stern, yet his smile was warm and kind.

"I have however invited a good friend, Master Yen Sid, as the exam needs to be unbiased. It is no secret that I hold you in high regards. Now."
He held his hand up as a few light orbs appeared and made their way to attack you.
"Begin!"

Back to the present

You were pulled away from your thoughts as you looked ahead to the new world in front of you. You sped up, making your way over.

Timeskip to the Dwarf Woodlands

You walked around in the dark forests. This left you very uneasy as it felt just like the time your guardians had abandoned you. The trees seemed to have eyes, the bushes seemed to hide monstrosities.
But you kept going forward. You were stronger now. You thought to yourself about all of your training. All your abilities. You balled your fists as you stepped through.
That is until you heard a rustling noise behind you.
You turned, watching the shrubbery shake. You where about to summon your keyblade, until you saw it was just a small squirrel.
You turned and made your way out of the forest, all the way to a castle.

"No unversed so far.", You thought to yourself. As you arrived at the castle, you found a woman standing in the courtyard, in what seems to be regal clothing.

As you arrive, she turns.
"Who might you be, intruding on my property?", She said in a voice that indicated royalty, if the crown on her head and the clothing didnt indicate that already.
"Sorry. My name is Y/N. I'm looking for my friends."
"I don't have time to look for your friends. I have enough on my hands as it is.", She said.
"Like what?"
"Strange creatures invaded my home! I can't seem to find a way to get them out."
Your mind immediately went to the unversed.
"I could take care of them for you.", You said with a smile.
"You? You don't look like you can handle yourself, boy!"
You were about to retort, firecely so. But doing so would only make things worse as they are now.
"Fine. In that case, you should be fully capable of handling things yourself.", You said as you turned and started walking away.
"Wait."
You just smirked to yourself.
"They are in the waterways. I'll show you how to get there."
The woman turned and walked to a nearby entrance towards an underground room.
She pointed at it.
"This is it. Go in there and find me once you have dealt with the pests."
You nodded and made your way in.

Overall, the underground system of waterways wasn't really all that bad as you first thought it would be. The unversed here were in larger numbers though.
"I wonder why there are so many here..."
You pondered as you made your way onward, finding an exit to a room which held red tapestry, many bits and baubles, and a large mirror.
As you got in, the door on the other end opened to reveal the woman who had sent you down.
"All done.", You said with a smirk.
"Good. Good.... You may be able to help me even better, now that I think it through."
You just looked at her questioningly.
"You see, a girl from the kingdom has been attacked by these creatures and ever since she has been acting strange. I have reason to believe her heart has been infected by these...things. And I dread to think what might happen if her heart is not cleansed very soon."
You started wondering in your mind. Could the Unversed do that? Corrupt people's hearts? And if so, could the Light help cleanse them? Could there be a way to reverse that?

"Well. If it can be cleansed and I can help her, I'm definitely willing to do so.", You replied.
"Excellent!", She smiled.
"You will find her near the flower fields outside the woods. But be warned: do not be fooled by her kind demeanor. She is corrupted and she needs help to cleanse her heart."
You simply nodded in acknowledgement and walked off.
As you walked along, your mind got fixated on the idea of a corrupted heart.
Was that really possible? Could darkness be cleansed out of people? How would that even work?
Could the keyblade's light help?
As you pondered these thoughts you heard a light singing as you arrived at your destination. And in front of you, you saw a young woman, running around singing, picking flowers in the flowerfield.
That has to be her. But how could you go about this?
As you thought this through, she noticed you and walked up.
"Excuse me, sir. Are you alright? You seem to be lost."
Her high pitched voice and warm kindness Truly took you off guard.
"I...ehm...I'm sorry, I seem to indeed be lost. Are you alright, yourself. There are these dreadful things nearby that seem to attack anyone who wanders near them.*
"Oh, I did have a run in with them. Luckily, I outran them. Now, I've come to pick some flowers. Would you care to look with me?"

You simply looked down as you summoned one of your keyblades and pointed it at her.
"I will not believe your lies. Your heart still needs to be cleansed. I am sorry.", You say solemnly.
You begin to charge the light as you look at her, hoping this would work. She looks terrified by this, but you push on.
Until you are jerked back by a hand on your shoulder.
You look back to see Terra lookaing at you in anger.
"Enough! What are you doing?", He says.
"What am I doing?! Her heart got corrupted! Because of the Unversed! She needs to be cleansed, the queen said so!"
"The queen is using you, Y/N! She made the same offer to me.", He says trying to calm you down.
You are taken aback. As you turn, the girl already started running away.
Only now did you feel the weight of what just transpired. You must seem like a maniac or an evil wizard or something.
"Sorry, Terra. I just thought...", You say as you sigh deeply, unable to finish your sentence.
"It's alright. Darkness takes many forms. It is good to be aware, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions because of that.", He smiles as he gets up.

You remember your vision. Of him, with white hair and orange eyes. Something you couldn't seem to forget.
"Come. Let's make our way back to the queen.", Terra said.
You simply followed him, feeling guilty and uncertain.