Chapter 3 - Triplets

Lian Yian took the lead to walk back to the mansion. Right now he wanted to stay as far away as possible from the water.

Subaru looked a little angry and straightened up, slowly wrinkling his brows. He quickly walked towards Lian Yian and grabbed his hand.

Caught by surprise, Lian Yian didn't imagine Subaru would suddenly approach him this way. Don't get him wrong, he was very happy but he thought the boy wouldn't do something like this so soon.

Subaru turned to Ayato and gave him his tongue.

Ayato was taken aback, hastily scoffed, then quickly turned around and walked to the place where he thought his brothers are.

Lian Yian pursed his lips, very eager, and walked back inside following Ayato and dragging Subaru with him.

Subaru didn't want to follow Ayato for fear of finding that woman, "Shu, we shouldn't follow him"

His action of whispering stopped.

In front of them stood two boys.

"Who are they, Ayato?" Another boy with red hair and green eyes asked

"The nitwit is Subaru and the other is Shu"

Subaru let go Lian's palm, lowered his eyes, countenance heavy, mood unable to be made out, "What did you call me!?" Despite that, an unknown foreboding lingered on his fingertips and heart like a dense mist after rain that would not dissipate.

Lian Yian decided to say nothing and just watch the boys' confrontation.

"Well, well. I'm sure Ayato didn't mean it, Subaru-kun. I'm Laito and this is Kanato"

After being introduced, Kanato looked at Lian and Subaru, "Hello Shu-san, Subaru-san" And he made his little teddy bear wave.

A slight smiling expression spread from the corner of Lian Yian's eyes. It seemed like this three kids were triplets. Although Kanato didn't look too similar to them, Ayato and Laito were each other's copy.

At this moment, Ayato, who had been silent for a short time, suddenly asked, "Would you like to follow us? We were trying to find Kanato's bats that escaped"

Bats? What a weird animal to have as a pet.

Lian Yian raised his head, thought about it seriously, and then softly said, "Hn"

"Great let's go!"

And with that the triplets began running towards another area. Subaru wasted no time and grabbed Lian to catch up with the brothers.

In the span of a moment, laughter and lots of footsteps could be heard through the hallways.

While walking downstairs, Lian Yian stopped midway, noticing that this mansion had a water channel connecting to somewhere.

Laito noticing Lian Yian action, asked, "What's wrong, Shu-chan?"

Shu-chan? Are we already this close? Nonetheless, Lian Yian pointed down.

"Oh, there? We don't know either. We just heard it's dangerous"

Ayato looked at Lian Yian and had a great idea, "Maybe we should explore it! Mother will be pissed!"

"I don't think we should go, Shu"

Ayato began walking down, "Stop being a pussy, Subaru! I'm going in"

Again, the kid managed to provoke Subaru and he too walked down, purposely bumping shoulders with Ayato.

Laito followed just behind, "Maybe we will find your bats here, Kanato"

Kanato with his large eyes very opened nodded, "Teddy likes dark places"

Lian Yian listening to the faint voices disappearing, started walking, afraid of getting lost. But he doubted that would happen, seeing that he could get out of there in an instant with his new ability.

It's really weird. I wonder If these boys also have the same power. I remember Lady Beatrix saying something about finally mastering one of my abilities. Does that mean that maybe I have more powers? Am I in some kind of fantasy world? Am I still even human? Perhaps, an evolved human?

Lian Yian mentally growled, this was giving him a headache.

____________

And of course, after some time, they got lost. The place was an enormous maze.

Subaru was annoyed, "I knew we shouldn't have followed this idiot!"

"Stop being noisy and shut up!" Kanato screamed at Subaru.

In his past life, Lian Yian heard little about kids, so he didn't know how to handle them. He chose to remain silent and grab Kanato's hand to calm him down. After all, this seemed to work with Subaru.

He said something about dark places, maybe he is feeling scared.

Talking might also relieve some stress, "May I ask what's his name?" Lian Yian pointed at the teddy bear.

"Teddy" Kanato usually wouldn't allow others to talk to Teddy, but he decided to make an exception, because while walking, Lian Yian discovered he had some candies on his pocket and gave them to Kanato, therefore, easing the atmosphere.

"Hello, Teddy. It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Shu"

Meanwhile, Subaru just quietly watched both interacting and sulked. It's none of my business anyway.

As soon as they entered a new hallway, the surrounding temperature rose and the water became more violent. They might have reached the exit.

Without any warnings, Ayato began running fast and screamed, "The last to arrive is a mortal!"

A mortal? Like in human? Is this some kind of slang between children?

The other twin, Laito, immediately began jumping to catch up with his brother.

Subaru grabbed Lian Yian's free hand and followed close behind Laito. And because Lian Yian had Kanato's hand clasped in his, he too began running.

Now, 5 boys could be seen moving rapidly. One taking the lead, the other trying to suppress him and 3 kids falling behind but hand-in-hand.