Susie

When she made it past the Hatzgang, she couldn't believe she had done that. With a sigh, she  ran down the stairs and thought about where she could stay to think about what she was gonna do because she had

A plan.

She glanced to her side and saw the school's library. So to the school's library, she went.

-

Sitting down on one of the isolated chairs, she began thinking. What could she do? She was pensive about earning their trust from the beginning. But, how could she do that? 

And so, time moved on and she kept pondering. She did get a few ideas, but she didn't know how to play them out, and-

"Hey, I haven't seen ya before!" A brunette girl with a ponytail leaned on the table and stared at her, deep in thought before gasping. "Wait. Oh my gosh, no way! you're that new girl everyone's chatting about, right?" 

"W-what?" She asked. They were talking about her? She had so many questions. 

"Yeah, uh, everyone witnessed the show you and the Hatzgang put up in the playground. Girl, you're like, the first person that was able to stand up for themselves! Everyone keeps praising you because of how fearless you were against them."

Oh.

"I know this is most likely overwhelming. I just wanted to greet you, but I recognized you and, yeah!" The brunette stated with a friendly smile.

"No, no. It's fine. What's your name?" She asked. The brunette girl grinned before answering.

"The name's Susie, how about yours?"

"It's (Y/N). So, Susie. Could you tell me more about the Hatzgang, perhaps? I'm just really curious about them..."

"Oh, sure! They aren't that much of a mystery, though. So there's not much to say." Susie replied.

"Well, what do you know?" 

"The basics. There are three members, Ross, Robert, and..." Susie paused for a brief second before continuing. "Roy, the leader of the group. A lot of people fear him, that's why they're surprised you managed to raise your voice at him."

"I know that. And I think I know why they might be scared of him..." She sighed.

"Ah, why? I know he can be menacing or something, but to what degree?" Susie seemed interested.

"Here, let me show you." She showed Susie the mark that someone left on her wrist. "I think you can guess who did this to me." 

"Oh my..." Susie gasped. "Roy, right? I think I remember seeing him do that to you."

She nodded, then the bell rang. It was time to go.

Aw shit.

"Well, I'll see you around, Susie!" She said, grinning.

"Goodbye!" Susie waved.

-

She walked outside the library with a smile after encountering such a nice girl. She turned to her right and that smile of hers quickly died out when she noticed the Hatzgang. It's like they were waiting for her. She froze on the spot, eyes widening when seeing them.

Now that she thought about it, the others in the back didn't do much. It was only Roy. He was the one that was sooo aggressive and intimidating as people said. The other ones were rather chill if she was being sincere. They were laid back, sometimes.

She got lost in her thoughts again and didn't notice that Roy was scolding her, quickly approaching her while doing so. The first thing she felt when she snapped off her thoughts was her backpack being harshly pulled off her. She gasped, too confused to even say something about it.

She saw Roy going through her stuff, then instructed the others to do something. She wasn't able to hear it that well, though. She was too lost to act. It's like she had no control of herself. She wanted to do something but her body didn't move, and-

She gasped when she was pinned against a locker. She tried to find out who it was, and it was safe to say that it was Ross. His chest literally pressing against her back. It was not pleasant. It was a tight squeeze. Jeez, and she thought he was chill and laid back.

"Hmm, now let's see what we got here..." Roy said, chuckling while grabbing a notebook from her backpack. Oh god, not again. He had already stolen one, so he better not steal another.

"Oh? (Y/N)..." He said with a smirk. Her name was written on the notebook, and he saw it.

"This is your name, hm?" He mocked her. All she could do was let out a tiny "mhm".

"Yo, my sister has one of those notebooks! Their designs are so-" The tallest member spoke, but he didn't finish his sentence because Roy shouted at him to shut up, of course.

"Can... I go?" She asked, slightly struggling to breathe.

"Hey, who said you could speak?!" Roy turned her attention back to her.

"Please, we go to the same classroom. Can you continue this whole thing later?" She asked, still kinda struggling to breathe.

"Wait, wait. You guys are in the same classroom?" Ross stopped pinning her on that locker, and she nearly fell trying to catch her breath properly.

"Uh, yeah. What about it?" Roy spoke, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. But his question was left hanging in the air.

"Hold on a second." She said, moving away from Ross to confront Roy about something she wanted for a little while. 

"That notebook you stole from me. You have to give it to me." She spoke, leaning into him, her eyes widening a bit. It was like she was really confident about this.

"Oh yeah? What if I told you that..." He was trying to come up with an excuse to not give it back. "I lost it." He added, smirking.

She let out a little frustrated "Come on!" before moving away from him.

"Well, can you at least give me my backpack?" She asked, almost giving him puppy eyes.

 "Ughh, fine! Just this once." He rolled his eyes, and tossed her backpack to her. Though he didn't do it that gently, she still said thank you and sprinted up the stairs before him so she wouldn't be late.