8

'It was surprising. After so long, meeting him again! I am sure he don't even know me now, let alone remembering. I know I don't know that much about him to even say this, but, he seems the same to me. I am impressed about today though. No practice before, and already great at using maneuver gear and all. Wow. I haven't wrote about anything else, have I? Though, time to sleep.' 

Y/n stared beside the page after reading for some time. The dream...felt real...and this page feels weird.

"Y/N??"

"Huh?" She turned to see Samuel standing near the door with a book in his hand.

"Hey! Come in."

"Working on day off too?" 

"Not exactly, but could say that."

Y/n smiled, getting up from the chair.

"What's up? With a book and all.."

"Oh. I was off to the public library. Gotta return this one."

"I see."

It was written 'The History of Eldia' on the cover.

"You been there?"

"Never did I get a chance. I'd like to go there soon though."

"Well, If you are free at the moment, we could go now and maybe grab a cup of coffee?

Y/N smiled, "I'd love that."

.

.

.

.

They were sitting at the balcony side of the café. 

"Of course. We talked the other day. Hana said you've been saying how you didn't recognize me?"

"She said that?!", Y/n blushed awkwardly.

Samuel laughed. "It's alright. How old were you when you left? 12? I wouldn't recognize myself either."

Y/n chuckled. "You didn't change that much. Same formal wear outfits, same smile, eyes...same blonde hair."

Samuel chuckled.

"uhm..Samuel?"

"Yeah?"

"Rivaille... Where is he now?"

"I thought you must've met each other already?"

"Huh?"

"The café we are in now? He's the owner."

"......."

That......was.....him?!

"He never left this place really. Been here for everyone more than himself. Well you know how he used to be. No change really."

Y/n drank a sip of the coffee when Samuel looked behind her and said, "There he is!"

Y/n coughed and spilled a bit of coffee, widening her eyes. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breathe and turned slowly to her side, where he, Rivaille, was already standing, looking at her.

.

.

.

He had already taken another chair and sat beside while y/n again spilled a bit of the coffee clumsily on the table. 

Samuel's phone ringed. He took the call and went outside.

She turned left to his side to see him already looking at her, with his right elbow on arm of the chair and hand near his chin, forefinger between his lips and a ring with some black sign on his middle finger. Y/n turned her eyes fast. 

"Is that a thing of yours?"

"W-What?"

"Spilling drink?"

Y/n smiled, annoyed. 

"So you knew me from way back there, huh? Great job not saying anything except, the same 'brat'."

"You didn't even doubt whether it was me, did you?"

"....No."

Rivaille smirked and shook his head.

Samuel came back to say, "I am sorry, but I gotta go now. You guys carry on. See you guys later!" and left.

"I was twelve. I know I didn't say anything before I left. I tried."

Rivaille stared. 

"I swear, I tried. I couldn't."

"I know. It's okay.", he smiled.

.

.

.

.

"Now that you said it again, what did you mean by you couldn't. He was there the last day of school too wasn't he?", Hana eagerly asked while they were having lunch at their office cafeteria.

"Okay okay. He was! Fine! It's just...I just ... He was talking with someone else, some red haired girl, and I remember seeing that and feeling bad for he was my first friend there and he didn't talk to me that day,  even when he knew it was my last day there. Afterwards I regretted realizing, he IS like that! I...."

"Oh...."

"...... okay, stop looking at me like that."

Hana smiled ear to ear.

"So you said he smiled....."

"Ye..aahh. So?"

"It's been a while that happened."

Y/n was drinking water from her bottle, and choked and coughed.

"Well. You guys don't talk a lot, right? Maybe he must've changed or something."

"Whatever you say, girl.",  Hana smirked.

Y/N hit her with her bottle and stared into the space, corner of lips slightly curving.

.

.

.

.

.