Chapter 1

Dream took a deep breath as he leaned back in his chair. Papers were scattered over his expensive desk and looking at them made him feel exhausted. The Sleepbois were causing some problems and it was giving Dream a lot of extra work and one hell of a headache. Just as he was leaning in to get back to work someone knocked loudly at his door.

"Come out with us!" He heard Sapnap say, his voice muffled by the expensive wood of his office door. Dream sighed dramatically, looking at the door as if it would somehow disappear if he looked at it long enough. 'Another disturbance.' He thought, sighing and looking back at his papers.

"I don't think so Sapnap..." He shouted across the office, trying to get the other to go away and leave him alone with his papers and silence.

But unsurprisingly, the other decided to ignore Dream, slamming the door open with a bang and barging into the office. "You are coming with us," Sapnap said, now ordering him. Dream raised his eyebrow as he looked up at his rowdy boyfriend.

"I can't go, Sapnap." he sighed, "The Sleepybois are on the move again and-" The other cut him off.

"AND we can take care of those later." Dream looked away, continuing to organize his papers. "Everyone needs a break...especially you babe."

Dream pulled his hand down his face, sitting back in his chair, "I don't know Sap it been a long day, and-" he was cut off once again.

"Don't pull that shit with me Dreamy," Sapnap said with a shake of his head. " You're gonna say 'Oh I'm so tired Sap, you go without me' and then you're just gonna stay here and work for another three or four hours." he raised his eyebrows, "Am I wrong?"

Dream paused- staring at the other for a moment, "Ok first off, I don't sound like that!"

"Yes you do"

"What! No, I don't"

"You do though,"

"Oh my god! No, I-" Dream cuts himself off with a wheezing laugh. "You're so stupid Sapnap!"

"COME TO THE CLUB WITH US!" Sapnap yelled suddenly.

"FINE OH MY GOD!" Dream found himself shouting back. "Wait, us?" he asked in an afterthought.

"Yeah! You, Karl, me, and George!" Sapnap says animatedly, a grin on his face.

Dream shook his head, a small smile on his face, as much as he wanted to deny it he did need a break. "Ok- alright fine- go get the car I'll be right out."

Sapnap goes to leave before turning back for a moment, "By the way, I got us a private dance with one of their best strippers." he says with a cheeky smile.

Dream hums under his mask, this might be interesting 

-------

Dream stared out the open window of the car letting his carefully styled hair get messed up from the wind.

Work was a place to be neat- it was a place for prim and proper power. Always be perfect, always be intimidating, never a hair out of place, that's how he was seen, that's how he needed to be seen. Power keeps people in place and power brings respect. In his line of work, even the smallest mistake could lead to a distrust in his authority- and he wasn't going to let that happen. Ever.

Sapnap was humming along to the radio but Dream couldn't place what song it was. He allowed himself to drift, his mind empty, as he stared out at the busy city. Even in the evening, the city was alive- restaurants full, bars packed, and shops open. That's what Dream loved about this city, how it was always awake, how there was never a dull moment. This city was his lifeblood, he was born and raised here and he was one of the sole reasons it was so lively. He helped build his mafia into the powerhouse it is, working his way up the ladder, and he helped this city thrive- hence his apprehension with the Hoaxers.