◇Bonus / Extras◇

Hey guys!

There are a bunch of little ideas or alternate story lines that I didn't use, so I thought I'll just put them in here. I won't fully write them out, because it wouldn't make much sense without context or would make this unnecessarily long :)

First point: The Mumza lore

As mentioned, Phil had a relationship and was married to human Kristin a long time before the time of the story. The first thing I want to address is the point of her leaving and the house immediately getting stormed the next morning.

Obviously Phil doesn't know the whole story, since he can only tell it out of his perspective. What happened was, that Kristin did indeed get a letter from her parents. She left the house to travel there and left Phil back home, because she was worried that someone could figure out he's a hybrid and kill him.

However, she was attacked as soon as she was out of contact distance from Phil and the crows. Hunters had secretly observed the two and had waited for an opportunity to strike. She got killed for treason against the human race, since she had a relationship with a hybrid.

So this is what happened in the canon of my story. She didn't leave him and snitched like Wilbur had implied in the story.

The second aspect is an entirely alternative storyline for her lore in the story that I decided against, because I couldn't write it out into full chapters that actually satisfied me. So we ended up with the lore that was easier to do and fit better into the story.

So the basic idea is the same. Phil and Kristin fell in love, Phil courted her in his hybrid ways, which would have made for some funny moments of him technically just embarrassing himself in front of her, since she would have no idea what he's doing. But it did impress her and got her to accept his courting. Basically the hybrid way of marriage.

They move together and hide from human eyes, just enjoying their life. The main difference would be, that this relationship would have been around 20 years ago, not 200 like it was in the story. It was one of the reasons why I decided to go with the other version, because I wanted the sanctuary to be somewhat of an ancient structure that has existed for a much longer time than 20 years.

So, they live together for about 3 or 4 years. Everything is great. The story goes the same, she gets the letter and leaves Phil alone at the house. The newer part is, that she was pregnant when she did.

She was still in the early stage and had found out a few days before. Of course at first she was shocked and scared, because she and Phil had decided to not have kids (just pretend that protection like condoms also exists in this world) to make sure they would never have to worry about their child being hunted down and brutally murdered for being a hybrid.

She planned to tell Phil after she gets back, wanting to ask her parents for advice on the matter without revealing that the father was a hybrid.

Instead of being killed, she's captured and locked away in some sort of prison or lab or something. She was trapped there ever since, giving birth to her son there, Tommy. The hunters/ scientists or whatever take Tommy away from her as soon as they knew he will make it without his mother and used him the same way they did in the canon story, putting him out in a basket to lure in other hybrids.

From there the story goes the same. Phil is one of the hybrids that is lured in, but actually survives the ambush and takes Tommy to the sanctuary, raising him as if he was his own (which he was, but he didn't know that)

Fast forward to present day and Tommy somehow can recall some distant memories of his mother (just random plot convenience) and describes it to Phil, who immediately goes 'Wait what?!', as you do when you figure out your wife is still alive.