Promises, Promises

Nat let her words flow out of her mouth, "I have one condition."

The Dark Sorcerer nodded and agreed, "You will get all your memories back... Everyone who had known Peter Parker will. I promise."

Those two words felt so distant, no singularity of truth behind it. 

She looked at her Peter frozen in time as she laid her hand on his cheek. All she wants is for her memories to be restored. 

She sighed and asked, "Can I at least say goodbye?"

He nodded towards her as Peter fazed into the realm of time they were in. He shook his head dazed as he could feel the symbiote's grasp upon him once again. A sudden rage took over him as he pulled Nat behind him. 

He growled, "You're going to have to kill me first before you take her."

The Dark Sorcerer's crooked smile arose as he said, "That can be arranged."

Nat threw her hand in a stop motion saying, "Nope, stop that!"

The Dark Sorcerer crossed his arms as he said, "Time is ticking."

Nat quickly stepped in front of Peter as he looked down at her confused. 

He asked, "What is he talking about?"

She shook her head and said, "He can give me back my memories."

He shook his head and said, "No, not like this!"

She grabbed his face and said, "I want to remember, I need to remember. I have to do this."

The Dark Sorcerer in the background mocked, "Tick Tock, Tick Tock."

She gave him a soft smile and said, "I'll be okay."

He kept shaking his head not wanting to accept it. 

She looked at him and said, "Hey, Peter Parker.... Kiss me like the world's about to end?"

His eyes lit up and as his voice cracked, "I'm going to fucking kiss you like the world depends on it."

She smiled softly as he grasped her face pulling her into him as their lips met. A warm and sensitive kiss. A vulnerable kiss that she wished could last forever. 

They pulled apart as the Dark Sorcerer said, "Alright, let's go. I'm annoyed."

She glared back at him as she looked back at Peter, but this time not talking to him. 

She said, "Hey, you take care of him for me."

The black veins appeared on his face for a second, and she knew the other part of her would do as she said. 

And with that the Dark Sorcerer snapped his fingers and she was gone into another universe. 

***

She was now face to face with the coldness of the ground as she groaned rolling over to see the bright blue sky. 

She heard another grown come from next to her as she turned her head coming face to face with Peter #1. 

She rolled her eyes as she got up dusting herself off looking for the Dark Sorcerer who was no where to be found. 

Peter #1 got up as he rolled his neck around until he got a satisfying crack. He looked at her as he reached his hand to tug on her arm. 

She looked at him and said, "Life's just unfair, isn't it?"

He nodded and said, "Sometimes you have to let go what you love the most."

Her eyes watering as she nodded her head towards him. He tried to hold back his own tears as he whispered, "I think it's your turn for a hug."

She laughed as she let herself sink into his arms wishing it was her Peter, but appreciating not being alone for once with sadness. 

She pulled herself together as she wiped her tears away and said, "Okay, so where is this person... Strange?"

Peter #1 nodded and said, "Yeah, um we need to go to the Sanctum Sanctorum!"

She frowned and said, "The Sant- what?"

He laughed as he pulled her to follow him. They walked around the unfamiliarized New York City of this universe. It was colder than ever this season, something she appreciated slightly, something at least familiar. She rubbed her arms to warm up as they came to a sudden pause in front of blue and gold doors. 

She looked at him and asked, "Do we just knoc-"

Before she could finish, the doors opened wide open. Her eyes growing wide with chills running down her spine. Her and Peter stepped inside as she was amazed of how enormous this place was, yet slightly creeped out of the dark and edgy decor. 

Peter looked at her and said, "This isn't how I remembered it."

They both walked around as they paused hearing footsteps come from the top floor. 

A voice broke through the room, "Peter?"

Peter lifted his head up looking at the man, the same man they had just been with. But this time he was dressed differently. His attire was more colorful, and his cloak was a captivating red color. Nat analyzed how the cloak flowed behind him almost as if it was its own being. 

The man was overwhelmed with sudden sadness as he choked, "I- I'm so sorry."

Peter tilted his head to the side confused, "Sorry?"

The room became darker than it had been before as someone approached from behind them. 

The Dark Sorcerer's voice creeped up, "Brilliant, you found me."

Peter and her both turned to look at him. Nat was confused as now there were two this Dark Sorcerer being. 

Peter looked back at the man in front of us and said, "Doctor Strange... What's going on?"

Doctor Strange looked past them and said, "All of my consequences are catching up to me."

The room began to transform as black smoke engulfed the ground and suddenly they were floating on air. Both, Peter and Nat, activated their suits. 

The Dark Sorcerer roared, "Give it up! You know there's only one outcome at the end of all of this!"

Sudden flashes of different time periods flashed into the room. Cracks in reality branching out further and further. 

And the darkness. 

The blackness.

The same from the dream Nat had began growing out into the cracks of time. 

Nat yelled, "What are you doing?"

The Dark Sorcerer brought himself in front of her and said, "Taking back what my universe took from me."

Peter looked at him as he tried to web him, but every time he shot a web it would fly into pure nothingness. 

Peter yelled, "Strange, do something!"

Doctor Strange shook his head with sadness and said, "I can't."

Peter looked at him and disbelief, "Yes, you can! Please!"

Doctor Strange looked at him and then met eyes with Nat. His sudden sadness faded as he suddenly had an idea. 

He casted a spell quickly while Nat, Peter, and the good Doctor Strange went into room that seemed like a dungeon. 

Doctor Strange walked quickly across and turned to Nat. He grabbed her shoulders and said, "Of course, you're the only way!"

He looked anxiously around as the same dark residue began to immerse into the room. Doctor  Strange took his hands off Nat's shoulders and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to send you two across the universes."

Nat frowned and said, "Excuse me, wha-"

Doctor Strange did swift motions quickly with his hands as he pushed both Peter and Nat back into a portal and away into yet another universe.