First Meeting

Revali groaned as he stood from where he had been kneeling on the ground, debris littered all around him and that insufferable Hylian, who had gone to stand with what he could only presume was the Princess of Hyrule.

He glanced over to see the Princess looking at him with concern, causing him to immediately straighten up, though it caused his back to scream in pain as he did. Slamming into that gate was not a fun experience, and the pain was creeping in as the adrenaline wore off.

"Revali, are you alright?" Zelda asked worriedly, though she was met by a frosty glare from the Rito Warrior as he waved his arm to brush off any concern.

"I am fine, there is no need to make a fuss. Your little knight wasn't putting up that much of a fight anyway." He said smugly, though even then he could still feel the throbbing in his back and winced, allowing Zelda to notice his grimace.

"Oh no, you're hurt! We'll get you medical attention as soon as possible! I'll be right back!"

Zelda then dashed off from beyond the gate to who knows where, leaving Revali and the Hylian Knight alone, the struggles of their battle represented by the debris scattered all around them.

"You are aware that if your Princess hadn't intervened that I would have defeated you in battle, correct?" Revali asked, though the Hylian just stared at him blankly, but Revali could see a little anger in the Knight's eyes.

"What, did you never learn to speak? Are Hylian Knights that uneducated? I expected better, especially since you are the one protecting the Princess of Hyrule." Revali taunted, but there was still no response.

The both of them looked up to see Zelda had returned, though now with a new person in tow, one that wasn't a Hylian.

She was quite short and appeared to have scales rather than hair or feathers, colored red and white, and instead of clothing, she wore jewelry and a sash instead. Her feet and fingers also appeared to be webbed, perhaps to help with swimming.

Revali remembered hearing about a species much like the person before him, though he did not remember what the race was called, as none of them had ever visited Rito Village before from what he could remember.

"Mipha, will you be able to heal Revali? It appears Link has managed to injure him in some way." Zelda said, and the girl Revali supposed was Mipha. Her amber eyes turned to look at Revali with such kindness, none that he had ever seen before with such intensity.

"Of course, Princess. I will do my best." She said, her voice so soft that Revali wondered if she was ever heard if someone wasn't paying the utmost attention to her when she spoke.

Not that it mattered to him, he didn't expect to be interacting with her all that much after this ordeal.

"So, I presume that you are knowledgeable in the medical field, correct? You need not concern yourself with helping me, I can handle myself just fine." Revali said, though Mipha just smiled sweetly at him.

"While that may be true, I believe that my method will be more effective than whatever rudimentary healing that you may have picked up. Would you please show me where you were injured?" She asked calmly, and Revali grunted as he turned his back towards her, deciding that arguing with her would most likely not be the best course of action at the moment.

"Ah, did your back become damaged when you slammed into the gate?" Mipha asked, and Revali sighed.

"You saw that, hm? Yes, it did. What are you going to do to help it? I don't see any supplies with you." Revali asked, though Mipha merely shrugged as she placed her hands gently on his back, causing him to jerk slightly.

Mipha moved her hands back as Revali regarded her with suspicion, as though he did not trust her. She supposed it was fair, they had only just met and her ally had harmed him seemingly badly.

"For my healing to work, I must have contact with your body. You and I may not know each other quite well yet, but I need you to trust that I will not hurt you."

Revali rolled his eyes, though he nodded and remained completely still as he felt her hands touch him once again, trying not to jolt.

After a moment, he felt something creep up his spine, a feeling, but it wasn't particularly unpleasant.

The sensation was quite soothing as it expanded throughout his back, and he felt the throbbing slowly fade away, as though it had magically disappeared.

He turned back around to see a faint blue glow around Mipha's hands fading, and she met his shocked but relieved expression with yet another smile. Revali wondered if she ever tired of smiling, or if it was just in her behavior to do so.

"How did you do that?" He asked in awe, and Mipha laughed, a light, airy sound, something that Revali felt he would never tire of hearing no matter how many times he had heard it.

"I was blessed by the Goddess with the ability to heal, which is what I had used just now to heal you. How do you feel?" She asked, causing Revali to smirk as he straightened once again, this time with no underlying pain.

"I feel great, though I wasn't aware that the Zora were able to heal. You are a Zora, are you not?"

Mipha nodded as she straightened up as well, her jewelry tinkling with each motion.

"I am, though it is more an ability passed down among Zora Royalty than anyone else." She said, glancing over at Revali to see his reaction. She was quite used to those who found out she was royalty to be slightly panicked as if they were worried they had said something to offend her, but Revali had none of these reactions.

"Well, it is quite impressive, though I suppose I should have remembered the stories of the Zora Princess who could heal from Rito travelers. It is quite an interesting tale from the little I have heard." He said, and Mipha could sense that he was trying to goad her into an argument, though for what reason she did not know.

"I suppose it would be, though I have never heard of a Rito able to conjure up a gale as fearsome as yours. Where did you learn to do it?" She asked, and Revali smirked, placing his palm against his chest in what Mipha could assume was a prideful manner.

"Years of practice, Princess. I wasn't fortunate enough to be born with my ability, rather I had to perfect it with my own hard work and dedication. Impressive, no?"

Mipha giggled, though she nodded in agreement.

"I would say that is quite a feat indeed. Perhaps I will be able to see it more in battle, as I presume you are going to accept Princess Zelda's request to pilot the Divine Beast Vah Medoh, correct?" She asked, and Revali nodded with a dramatic sigh.

"It would be quite rude for me to refuse a request from our Princess of Hyrule, would it not? However, I think I'll have her wait a bit longer until I give my answer." Revali said smugly, causing Mipha to roll her eyes as she adjusted her jewelry.

"Well, if we are going to be teammates, then I suppose I should introduce myself formally. I am Mipha of the Zora. What is your name?" She asked, and Revali swung his arm up into the air, clenched into a fist though nearly hitting Mipha in the process.

"I am Revali of the Rito, Master Archer of the entire Kingdom of Hyrule and soon to be Pilot of Divine Beast of Vah Medoh." He declared proudly, and Mipha smiled.

"That sounds like quite a mouthful. How about just Revali?" She asked, causing Revali to look down to see her soft smile as he felt his cheeks warm despite the frigid weather.

"Just Revali is fine." He mumbled as he turned to look away from her, though Mipha simply laughed again.

"I'm glad. It is nice to meet you, Revali." She said, though Revali felt he would lose his composure if she kept up this sweet act of hers, but he managed to say one last thing.

"It's nice to meet you, too."