✧༺Pilot༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

"This job is eating me alive. I can't breathe anymore. I spent all these years trying to be the good guy, the man in the white hat. I'm not becoming like them.. I am them."

"Hey! What are you doing, idiota?"

Verónica and Amy stared dumbfounded at the man child in front of them who was staring into a camera

"I'm doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco. Or actually, ten of me are doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco."

"Get it together, man. Okay?" Amy huffs.

"Calm down Ames. He's just a man child." Róni chuckles to herself.

"So the store was hit about two hours ago. They took mostly tablets, laptops, and cameras-"

The Cuban was interrupted by the sound of an '80s hip-hop beat coming from a keyboard that Jake is seen to be playing with.

"Sorry."

"I'd like a list of all your employees, whoever had access to the store. I'd also like to apologize for my partner. His parents didn't give him enough attention."

"Uh, Detective... I already solved the case. We're looking for three white males, one of whom has sleeve tats on both arms."

"And how do you know that?"

"I had an informant on the inside. He's been here for years. Watching, learning. Waiting. His code name? Fuzzy Cuddle Bear- He's a nanny cam."

"You got lucky." Verónica chuckles at the competitiveness from her two best friends.

"No, I got here five minutes before you and figured that in this gigantic electronics store, there had to be at least one working camera. Oh! Hi, bad guys! You did it, Fuzzy. You busted 'em. It's time to come home."

"I'm not sure if I can. I've been undercover so long, I've forgotten who I am. I have seen terrible things. I haven't known the touch of a woman in many moons." He imitates the voice of the bear.

Amy and Verónica roll their eyes before walking away and leaving him at the crime scene.

"Detectives! Don't walk away from me!

"Bye Jakey!"

99th Precinct, Morning Briefing, 8:31 AM.

"Yes, I did crack the case-" Jake started.

"So, Santiago, would you do the honors?"

Amy sighs as she gets up and walks over to a whiteboard which, among other things, has a table in the corner that says: 'Peralta: 23, Santiago: 22.'