kiss me

notes - this is my first reader insert fanfic! it hasn't been proofread so i apologise for any spelling or grammar errors. i also tried to make the reader gn but because this is my first reader fanfic i may have not done this well.
________________________________

the rising sun marked a new day for the community in which you stayed. the rays from the sun peeked through your curtains that hung from your window, stirring you awake from your slumber, much to your dismay.

"y/n! wake up! don't tell me you forgot what day it is today!" called your older sister from the kitchen, in an almost scolding tone.

ah, how could you forget. dolores madrigal and mariano guzmán would be getting married today. it has been the talk of the community ever since mariano proposed and what the madrigal family have been planning for months to ensure that the day would go perfectly.

you rose from your bed with a yawn and stretched your upper body before a knock at your window startled you. with a hand placed at your chest to calm your erratic heartbeat, you pulled back your curtains to see your best friend camilo madrigal with the biggest grin on his features. you took a step back and glared at camilo as he stepped into your room through your window.

"wipe the grin off your face, cami! don't you know how to use a door?" you scolded the brunette with your arms crossed and a glare still evident on your features.

camilo chuckled mischievously and playfully ruffled your hair, making you become visibly flustered.

"how could i resist teasing my best friend?" camilo shrugged before making himself comfortable on your bed.

with a sigh you walked over to camilo and lay next to him, before the brunette turned to face you. with your face inches apart from camilo's, you could not help but appreciate his handsome features.

camilo gently placed a strand of your hair behind your ear that had fallen out of place from when, you assumed, the brunette ruffled your hair moments prior.

"you're staring~" camilo teased with playful smirk.

oops. you must have been gazing at him for longer than you realised.

you become visibly flustered at being caught and tried to push camilo away, but your best friend moved much quicker than you anticipated and pinned your arms above your head, ruining your chances of escape.

"oh no you don't~" camilo grinned mischievously before sliding his free hand under your top and tickling your stomach.

you expected nothing less from your best friend, camilo has always been this playful ever since his cousin mirabel introduced you both.

camilo proceeded to tickle you for a while longer until you both became breathless – you due to lack of air and camilo due to laughing at your pleas for help – you swear you saw him wipe a tear from his eye over how hard he was laughing, that little devil!

you lay beneath camilo attempting to catch your breath when you noticed that the brunette was still above you, gazing into your eyes.

"now you're the one staring, cami~" you could not help but giggle.

camilo's eyes became serious the second you broke him out of his thoughts, the playfulness that was once in them now nonexistent.

"kiss me." camilo suddenly demanded, still breathless.

you hesitated only for a second due to shock at his sudden demand, before gently pulling him closer to meet his lips.

notes - part two anyone?