Chapter 1 - The Revival

"William..." I heard whispered in my left ear, even though no one was close enough to me to do so.

"Where are we going?" I asked, curiously. Captain Oteake of the royal soldiers was taking me somewhere to show me something, he still hasn't told me where we were going nor has he told me what he wanted to show me. He was walking ahead of me by several feet, with two soldiers walking a couple feet behind me.

He, like the rest of us Lilathians, had purple scales all over his body, eyes that were completely amber in color, and straight black hair, his hair reaching down to his elbows. He was very swift thanks to his lanky body type, as opposed to most of the soldiers being muscular. The armor he was wearing was also amber in color. The armor made slight clanging noises with every step he took. He never wore a full set of armor like the rest of the soldiers. He only wore armor around his torso, to make moving and fighting much easier.

He's the strongest my kingdom has, being able to take down one hundred soldiers by himself during training. He wielded a cyan spear in his right hand, which had an amber colored tip, signifying that he's the captain of the soldiers. He became the captain fifteen years ago, when he managed to come out on top during a tournament between all the soldiers. At that time, he had been a soldier for five years.

The rest of the soldiers, like the two behind me, always wore a full set of amber colored armor, and wielded cyan spears. The clanging noise from their armor was louder than Captain Oteake's.

Captain Oteake turned his head slightly to look at me, and smiled. "We'll be there in just a few more minutes, you'll see," he replied, politely, in his soft and calm voice before turning to look forward again.

I quietly sighed to myself, disappointed that he didn't tell me where we were going.

I looked up at the night sky. It was dotted with bright white little stars. The sky itself was a dark purple. All of the land here on Couique was different shades of purple, most land as well as grass was always dark purple. Small, ordinary sized trees were usually cyan, both wood and leaves. Gigantic trees on the other hand, are dark purple. Their trunks are almost always a kilometer in diameter, and always grow to be several miles high. The water, which is one of our most valuable resources, makes up sixty percent of the surface of the planet.

We've been walking for a while now, about a few miles from the kingdom, and several more from the castle overall. It's been pretty boring since we started walking.

I turned my head to look back at the kingdom, Avrada. The kingdom was split up into two parts. First, the city, and second, the castle. Both of which were built on top of gigantic tree trunks. The tree trunk holding the castle was half the size in diameter of the one holding the city. The two tree trunks were around a mile apart, connected by a thin bridge. Under this bridge, was a large river coming from the east and wrapping around the left side of the trunk and going north.

The only way to get into the city was a giant staircase that was built to reach the top of the tree trunk, while the only way to get to the castle is by crossing the bridge connecting the two trunks.

The city itself is mostly small buildings that are light purple. All of the lights outside were on, as were most of the lights inside of the buildings, keeping the darkness from swallowing the city whole.

The castle, on the other hand, was also light purple, but enormous compared to the city buildings. The highest tower, which had a room no one, not even me, is allowed in, was almost a mile high from the ground. The castle always had lights on during the night that lit up with a cyan color, giving the castle a cyan glow around it. It's always such a beautiful sight.

I turned my head to face forward, but before I faced forward completely, I noticed a large puddle of water on the ground. As we were passing it, I slowed down a little to look at my reflection.