Mistletoe (Fenton x Reader)

This was requested by mgmendez2305. I'm sry it took me so long to write this.

It was just a wintry night on the streets of Duckburg. You held the hand of your boyfriend of three weeks, Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera. Normally, you enjoyed the warmth of Fenton's grasp that seemed to calm you no matter what mood you were in — even before the two of you started dating —, but right now, it seemed like his warmth had completely dissipated.

Fenton had insisted that based on the weather forecast he so confidently trusted in, he wouldn't need an extra jacket, a scarf, nor his gloves. Unfortunately for him, the unpredictable December winters of Duckburg decided to prove the forecast wrong in the worst way possible. Of course, the one day you both decide to take a stroll through the city just to cool off from your hectic lives is the coldest day of the year. His hand was so frigid, it sent a shiver down your own spine.

Phooey, he can be so stubborn some times, you internally complained to yourself, ignoring the subtle smirk tugging at your lips.

At first, you were fine just letting Fenton hold your hand while failing to brush off his obvious freezing state — frankly, it was kind of amusing —, but your contented expression quickly faded as you heard his teeth quietly chatter.

"Here," you caught his attention, taking off your extra jacket and placing it over his shoulders.

"What? No, (Y/N)," be protested. "You'll be freezing then."

"Fenton, even without this jacket, I have more layers than you do. Please, just put this on for me?"

You could see a light blush appear along his cheeks, but you weren't sure if it was from your sudden worry for his safety or from the cold itself. After a couple moments of contemplation, he surrendered.

"Alright, I'll wear it for you."

Grateful he finally accepted your attempt at keeping him warm, you immediately embraced him in a hug.

"Uh..." Fenton brought you back to focus, staring up.

You looked up, curious to what it was that caught his attention from your affectionate hug. Right where you had halted your walk to hug your boyfriend was a canopy to a quaint shopping outlet; and hanging from that canopy of the quaint shopping outlet was a very festive looking plant made up of forest green leaves and scarlet red cranberries. Both Fenton and your faces burned a bright rose color, knowing exactly which seasonal tradition this hanging plant was indicating.

Being so early in your relationship, you and Fenton have yet to share your first kiss.

"(Y/N)?" Fenton spoke, breaking the suspenseful silence.

"Yeah?" you responded, still not entirely sure what move to make next.

"Do you want to...?"

"Do I want to what?" you questioned, confused by his trailing request.

The almond-feathered duck stared awkwardly into your eyes, hoping that maybe you would catch on without him being too obvious. A couple more seconds passed with the two of you staring at each other before it began to set in for you.

"...oh."

You leaned in, eyes softly shutting and your cheeks burning like fire at this point. Fenton followed suit, leaning in to close the gap. The kiss was gentle, neither of you wanted it to end. Not bad for a first kiss.