Chapter 1: Twin Realities

In a fairly large town, two figures were walking down the street together. Both appeared to be males of different ages with one appearing to be in his late teens, while the other appeared to have just become twenty himself. The younger of the two had reddish-brown hair and deep brown eyes, he was a bit taller than average with a fairly skinny build. This male's name was Adam.

While the other had bright blonde hair and bright green eyes, with a slightly more stalking and more muscular build. This male's name was King.

As they were walking down the street together the younger of the two looked at his friend? "So, what did you plan on doing when we got to your place?" Adam asked as he looked at the male next to him.

"Mostly just play a few games, I was let you pick whatever we played," King said as he looked at the male next to him.

"How about Ocean of robbers?" Adam asked as he looked at the male next to him.

"No, I'm still pissed at that game for wasting three hours of my life," King said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Yeah . . . well when you're not upset let's agree never to talk about that again," Adam said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Right," King said as they continued to walk down the sidewalk together.

"Anyway, what about wormhole two?" Adam asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Sure, I kinda like the sassy robot in it. Even if she is just shit-talking us the entire time," King said as they continued down the streets together. Eventually, they came to a crosswalk, and just as King stepped forward Adam grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. When he did a rather large truck passed by where he was. As it did King stumbled back and fell onto the ground.

"What the fuck?" King asked a clear amount of fear in his voice.

"I saw the truck in the distance, and it wasn't slowing down, I think his breaks might have been out or something," Adam said as he looked at the male before offering him a hand up.

"Holy shit, how did I miss that?" King asked as he was slowly.

"I don't know, it didn't really make much noise either. Not even a honk to try and warn you. Come to think of it a lot of people have been getting run over lately, maybe this isn't a coincidence?" Adam asked as he looked at the male.

"You think he's doing it on purpose?" King asked as he looked at the male.

"Yeah, might need to file a report but without any proof, I don't think we'll get very far," Adam said with a sigh as the two once again began walking down the street together. As they did, they eventually arrived in front of a small house. It looked fairly simple from the outside, with a few windows, a plain paint job, and a small porch with a set of steps that led up to it. The two wasted little time in heading up the steps before King stepped forward and opened the door with a key

"Still a bit hard to believe you own your own house," Adam said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"I guess so," King said as they walked in. The living room was rather empty only having a few pieces of furniture. And most of them were rarely used, even when he had guests over like today it rarely got used. After they shut the door behind them, they began to walk past the rather spacious kitchen that King had. Even at a glance, it was clear that the kitchen was used far more frequently than the living room.

With several knives that had sheaths covering them, cutting boards that seemed to be well maintained, and several seasons that all seemed to be scattered around the kitchen. As Adam looked at the several utensils in front of him he began to feel a little hungry and turned to look at King. "So, what did you plan on making?" Adam asked as he looked at the male.