Chapter four: Draconic Encounter

The Shadow Monarch tied up the last fire soldier in that area, she didn't suffer many injuries since her skill level compared to these low level soldiers.

"Susan, is the perimeter clear? No hotheads are gonna sneak up on us right?"
Her words shot through the air like an arrow, reaching Susan's ears in a heartbeat.
"Yeah Linda! I took care of everyone I could find, Ruby, how are the wounded doing?"

The Light Queen's words wafted through the air like the scent of a freshly baked pie to her daughter who was on medical duty, her size made it easier to transport supplies and wounded soldiers. Luckily the princess knew a lot about dressing wounds due to little scuffles like this.
"I've helped patch up all I can, but I can only do so much mother! Could you please call in the flat dragons? We need to get these lot out of here"

Susan nodded and created a ball of light in her hand, her hands circled around the sphere until she launched it into the air. A large BOOM followed it which released a pink and yellow plus sign, Ruby's eyes sparkled in awe at her mother's magic.

"Wow mum! I wish I could do stuff like that, even though your so small your magic is so flashy"

Susan let out a laugh that was so sweet that it rivaled the taste of honey, her pink eyes flashed with a certain confidence in her skill.

"Wel honey Light magic is very powerful but very fragile, you could use this power to bring down a castle in one strike but do it wrong and you'll be the example I use to teach new soldiers what not to do when starting out"

Linda remembered that she had accompanied Susan on some of her light magic classes despite being the complete opposite of her. In her own words, the best way to learn about your own magic type was to study the ones that were completely different to your own or to study ones that are vaguely similar. It's how she became the woman she was today.

"Study,Study,Study Ruby, that's what I tell Sonia everyday"

"You're such an inspiration Miss! I wanna be like you and Mum one day!"

Linda blushed a soft black while rubbing the back of her head
"Ehhh I-I'm not all that, just a queen is all dear. One day you princes and princesses will surpass us, it's simply the cycle of life you know? Each day you get stronger and we get weaker, some people are better at accepting that than others"

"Yes, everyone dies. Unfortunately that day is today!"
Spoke a harsh female voice from the shadows, to Linda this voice was unfamiliar but to Susan and Ruby this voice was one they had fond memories of, but due to the war was tarnished almost beyond repair.

"Come out! If you don't resist we won't have to hurt you!"

Linda's voice was aimed at no one in particular since even for her the dark was overwhelming combined with the thick shrubbery, that was until she felt the sharp pain in her side. A silver blade in an oval shape had punctured her skin, her blood ran over the grooves that made it look feather-like. She was in immense pain but managed to catch and then deflect the second and third blades, she looked back to Ruby with not a single tear but instead a look of blood boiling anger.

"Ruby, get out of here and make sure the wounded get out of here. Susan make sure she gets there safely alright? I'll catch up with you guys soon alright?"

"Lins Yo-"
"Don't Lins me, I'm not a baby. I can take this, get out"
Linda snarled out, her face scrunched up as she turned around to see the woman who assaulted her. Snow White hair flowed in the soft breeze which partly covered up one red eye and one blue eye. Her skin was fair and smooth, although some scars littered her skin like vines over an old and decrepit home. She wore a red kimono with a pink ribbon tied around her waist, on her belt line were the same feather blades that hit Linda. As Linda looked down she noticed that this person was indeed an animorph, specifically a peacock due to the sharp talons that held her up and the large plumage of feathers on her backside. They had a hypnotic red and white pattern that Linda had to tear her eyes away from them by yanking the feather blade out of her side, using a shadow to plug up the wound for now.