Meeting dad

Y/N   
Y/L/N
Age:14

Y/N's POV
I hadn't seen my father in years, when I was young my parents divorced, my dad took my brother Robby and my mom took me, and went our separate ways. About two years ago I found my dad on Facebook and texted him, I texted him telling him that I was his daughter y/n, of course he didn't believe me at first but after a while he did, since then we had kept in touch. Turns out he used to have a dojo called cobra Kai but now he's working together with a guy named Daniel larruso and they have a dojo called mayagi-do and eagle fang, their going to the all valley championship this year, last year cobra Kai won when my dad was the sensei. Last week my mom died, my mom wasn't really the best mom, she would go out every night and not come home for weeks, she would go out with different guys at multiple times just for money, she wouldn't even leave money for me to buy food, our fridge was empty, I would go days without eating, waiting for her, I had to work as a babysitter or any place that was hiring at my age, it was hard to find a job but then I got buried as a waiter at this restaurant, the lat isn't the best but it's enough for food. I miss my mom though, even though we didn't spend time together. Now I'm moving in with my dad, he's not that far from where I live, about a hour drive, he's going to come pick me up tomorrow morning and I just finished packing my bags. I walked into my empty room, where there was only a bed and a few boxes, I opened a box and took out a pair of pajamas and went to bed.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦
I woke up at 8am, I got up from my bed and opened one of my boxes and pulled out a pair of jeans and a crop top and got dressed, about 30 minutes later I heard a knock on the door, I quickly ran to the front door and opened it, my dad was standing right outside the door, I quickly hugged him after a few seconds I let go, "come on in" I said, he smiled and walked in. "Damn this house is huge, where are your boxes?" He asked "There in my room" I said, we walked into my room with him following me, I pick up a box and it immediately fell, "here let me help" he said, he picked up two boxes and walked out the room, I picked up the last box, luckily it wasn't that heavy. I followed him to his car and we put the boxes in the trunk, soon after I got in the passenger seat and he started the car and started to drive. "y/n im very sorry about your mom" he said to me, "its fine, everything happens for a reason, you know" I said to him, "so um, you like tacos, I know a place where we can can some bomb-ass tacos" he said trying to lighten up the mood, "yeah, I actually love taco's" I said to him smiling. After we ate we drove to his apartment, "so what do you think" he said with his hands on his hips, "it's a very nice place, more organized than my old room" I said laughing, he chuckled, "let me show you to your room" he said, he walked me to a empty room with only a bed and closet, "this was Robby's room but you know ever since he left he's not here anymore, so this is yours now" he said putting down the boxes he was holding. "Thanks dad" I said to him, he smiled and left the room.

Tomorrow I start school at west valley, I was excited yet scared at the same time, hopefully everything goes okay, I got dressed into my pj's and went to bed.