Chapter 3

Day 28/ Andy's 12 Weeks and 6 Days... Today is a shift. So, Andy is having a meeting with Maya and the chief. So, Andy dropped off the kids at school and headed to her shift.

Around noon, they had the meeting. Conversation... Maya: Hello, Captain Herrera. Nice to see you, Chief Ripley. You said we needed to talk. Andy: Yes, I'm twelve weeks pregnant. So, I need a second captain for when I can't go out on calls. For now, I'm captain, but you may need to step in sometimes. Maya: Okay. This is shocking news. May I ask who the father is? Andy: All you need to know is that he's not in the picture and he was on a kind man. Maya: Okay. Andy: Please, don't mention this to the team. Maya: Yes, mam. Andy: You are dismissed. (Maya leaves shocked.) Lucas: Andy, you did good. Andy: I'm lying to my whole family. Lucas: You have been your whole career here. Andy: I know. It just sucks. Lucas: It does.: End of Conversation After that, Andy and Luke hang out for a bit and he leaves.

Day 29/ Andy's 13 Weeks and 1 Day... At the end of the shift, Dean came up to Andy and invited her over to his house and she agreed. So, Lucas is going to take the girls overnight. So, Andy dropped the girls off, and headed to Dean's.

When Andy got to Deans, she knew that she was about to reveal her secret. When she got there, she came in, and sat down. Conversation... Andy: Hey, guys. What's up? Dean: Nothing. Travis: Drink? Andy: I'm good. Jack: What? Andy: I can't. Jack: Why? Andy: I'm thirteen weeks pregnant. (The team is shocked.) Dean: Who is he? Andy: A guy I was with for three years, he had to go overseas, so we're over. He'll probably never know about the baby. His name was Robert. Maya: I didn't know most of that. Vic: I did. Andy: I'm gonna head home. Love you guys. Vic: I'll follow you out. Andy: I miss Robert. Vic: I know. I can't wait to meet him. Andy: Do I go get the girls or have a night off? Vic: You could go see them. Andy: Thank you, Vic. Vic: You're welcome. (Andy heads to Lucas's. Andy knocks and Lucas answers.) Lucas: Andy, what is wrong? The girls are asleep and just fine. Andy: I'm not strong. I want my husband back so bad. Lucas: What's wrong? Andy: I told the team tonight, and they kept asking about Robert. I had to tell them that he abandoned his family to take a job overseas. The thing is, he's risking his life for his family and country. He's a hero. Lucas: Andy, he is. The team doesn't know the whole story. Remember that. Andy: Thank you, Lucas. Lucas: Stay here on the couch. The base is an hour away, and I don't want you falling asleep. Andy: Okay.: End of Conversation After that, Lucas goes to his room, and Andy falls asleep on the couch.

Day 30/ Andy's 13 Weeks and 2 Days... When Vic got home and found Andy on the couch, she was confused. So, she went into her and Lucas's room, and found him awake drinking coffee.

Conversation... Vic: What's going on? Lucas: She showed up crying, and the base is far away, so I told her to stay here on the couch. I didn't want her falling asleep while driving. Vic: Okay. Lucas: What happened last night? Vic: She realized she's pregnant, and that her husband is gone. Lucas: She doesn't talk about him does she? Vic: No, she doesn't. She holds everything in. Lucas: That isn't good. Vic: Let's take the girls once a week, or every other week at least. Lucas: Okay. (The girls come in.) Erin: Why is mommy asleep on the couch? Vic: She didn't want to drive home, so she had a sleepover like you guys. Kylie: That's cool. (Vic laughs.) Vic: Who wants breakfast? Erin: Me. Vic: Let's go quietly. Tip-toes everyone. (They all tip-toe to the kitchen, even Vic.) Andy: I hear you. Vic, your tip-toeing sucks. Vic: How did you hear us? Andy: Moms hear everything. Kylie: They do.