⚜Chapter 2⚜

Y/n couldn't remember much about her wedding but she did remember that horrible kiss she shared with that man who could be her grandfather. Soon after, almost right after the marriage, the old duke decided that they would return to the north. She only had the time to change and say a quick goodbye to her family. Sitting on the duke family's carriage, the young woman looked by the window. It was better than looking at the man in front of her who stared at her so intently. If he thinks that she will look at him if he does that then he is going to wait for a long time. Y/n was doing anything she could to not face him. 

_You seem quite shy my dear wife. Although I do love docile women, I hope you will talk to this husband a bit. 

His crooked smile made her stomach churn upon seeing him. And it was worse when he put his hand on her knee. At that moment, Y/n thanked God for having created dresses. The numerous pile of tissue used underneath it kept his hand away from her body. Although the first night was obligatory, she hoped that she could refuse him afterwards. She could ask not to be touched right. 

_Hum... About the first night...

_Ah! Yes! I'm really impatient to see the beautiful body, this dress is hiding! I'm sure it will satisfy me as much as your face does. 

Y/n felt her gag reflex coming suddenly. Just picturing him on top of her and naked made her sick. Her body silently shivered, she knew he was such a lecherous man but she hoped vainly that it was just the rumour. She had to find a way to keep him away from her. 'Maybe I should have taken the poison with me after all' she smiled like nothing was wrong while hiding her disgust inside her heart. The good part was that he was old, so he didn't have much time to live anymore. And he tended to divorce them after a year for not begin able to be pregnant. A lot of the young ladies gossiped that it was surely his old age or that he became somehow infertile. Unfortunately, in their society, it was always the women fault no matter what was the couple problem. With luck, she would not get pregnant and get a divorce. But then she would have to give up on remarrying. 

Suddenly, the carriage came to a sudden stop. Edmund spat a curse before standing and opening the door. Getting off he threw a fit at the escort knight who tried his best to calm him down. Exiting the carriage right after, Y/n missed a step. 

_Wah!

She closed her eyes readying herself for the impact and the hit on her image when she felt a strong arm around her waist. Looking up, her surprised e/c eyes met Castian's blue eyes. She wondered what he was doing here. She was pretty sure he wasn't here at the departure. And her husband yelling confirmed it. 

_What do you think you're doing Castian! 

_I only came to say hello, father! I thought that this time I could meet my 49th stepmother on her way to her new home. 

_Ah! You didn't even come to the wedding, but still, act like you're my son!

_If I'm not your son then who am I?

_Ungrateful son! And let my her go! Who said you could touch her freely!