⚜Chapter 3⚜

Warning: implied sexual content. Read at your own risk.

The travel to the north was a nightmare for Edmund. He was there sitting silently looking at his young wife and son talking and flirting with each other. He did try to rein her action by punishing her. When they reached an inn, he called her and hit her behind her legs with a hard stick. He could remember the fierce look in her teary eyes. And contrary to his expectation, her attitude escalated from talking to touching. She shamelessly kissed Castian on his cheek, her hand tracing his arm or his muscled chest. She was driving him crazy and even though everyone was waiting for the 98-year-old man to finally lose it and divorce her on the spot, he didn't. Some who knew him, mostly his son's knights were mocking him saying that it was his karma acting up. Just like how he was openly cheating on his first wife, this one was "cheating" right on his face. He could even see how Castian's body was quivering under her touch. He was the same as him in his younger day, under the spell of the beautiful Beatrice Monet. Castian didn't know it, but he was already under Y/n's spell. He has just not realized it. 

The travel took exactly one whole week. One whole week of flirting in front of her husband. Seriously he looked like he could die at any moment from blood pressure if not a heart attack. Y/n silently laughed at it, not that she wished for people death but... she started to think that MAYBE she really should ki-! She means as Lucas said, bring him to eternal peace sooner. 

Heck, even she wouldn't like to hear an innkeeper talking about how her spouse and her child looked like a lovely couple. But even with all that, wasn't enough for him to cancel their marriage. Or maybe he was THAT stubborn. 

_Seems like we have arrived, mother.

His hand on her hips, Castian was keeping her close to his body. At this point, it wasn't just flirting for him. He could literally feel the sexual tension between them. Like how he wished to pin on the nearest wall and screw her whether someone was there or not. But everything had an order.

Edmund exited the carriage followed by Castian. He extended his hand to her expecting her to at least give him some face in front of the employee, but, once again it was his son she took. The old man was red of embarrassment in front of this umpteenth humiliation from the young woman. He was her HUSBAND for god sake! She was supposed to be just the perfect doll, sweet and young who looked just like HIS Beatrice. If put next to each other, the young Beatrice and Y/n looked like twins, same hair, same face, only the eyes were different. 

The night after their arrival, a banquet was held to congratulate the married couple. Well, congratulation was an excuse. They just wanted to see the new "victim" of the duke. Unknown to them, they would see the greatest moment in their life. 

The event was doing great. Like it was expected of her, Y/n was a great hostess worthy to the duchess name. But soon came the moment of the first dance. Right in front of everyone, Castian who never strayed too far from her asked for her first dance. Edmund frowned and was ready to scold that son of his, when he saw her taking his hand. Castian's eyes met those of his father before smiling. The banquet room was filled with whispers. This was a familiar scene for some of the guests. It was the third time it happened. The first time, was when the duke asked a mysterious married woman for her first dance. She looked at him and left him to join her husband. And the second was when he married the first duchess. In front of all the guests, he danced exactly three dances with his mistress and dared to open the ball with that mistress. Just like he humiliated his mother, Castian danced with Y/n, not three times like a married couple but... four times. 

And soon, it was time for them to leave so they could spend their first night. Edmund was pretty much impatient. He was humming in his bath knowing that this time his son wouldn't be able to butt in. His door was heavily guarded and he wasn't allowed to leave his room.