Sophie

Edited

I glanced around the bustling halls of Goode High School, trying to blend in with the sea of students rushing to their classes. Beside me, Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Linh, and Tam followed, their expressions a mix of curiosity and caution. We had been instructed to gather information discreetly, but seeing the group we were supposed to observe sitting together at their lockers made my heart skip a beat.

"There they are," Keefe murmured, nodding subtly towards Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, and Frank—names we had been given as targets for information gathering.

Tam narrowed his eyes slightly, his analytical gaze assessing our surroundings. "Let's approach them carefully. We don't want to raise suspicion."

As we neared, Percy greeted us with a friendly smile. "Hey, you guys must be new here," he said, his tone casual but with a hint of scrutiny.

I exchanged a glance with Keefe, silently gauging our response. "Yeah, just started today," I replied smoothly, keeping my guard up. "I'm Sophie, and these are my friends."

Annabeth extended her hand in greeting. "Nice to meet you all. I'm Annabeth, and this is Percy, Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, and Frank."

I studied them carefully, trying to discern any clues about who they really were. They seemed friendly enough, but there was an undercurrent of tension beneath the surface—the same tension I felt in our own group.

"We were just heading to lunch," Percy continued, his offer laced with subtle curiosity. "Why don't you join us? It's always good to make new friends."

Keefe glanced at me, silently communicating his readiness to engage while keeping our motives hidden. "Sure, sounds great," he replied with a casual shrug. "Lead the way."

As we walked together towards the cafeteria, I kept my senses sharp, listening intently to the conversation around me. Percy and his friends talked about classes and school life, probing subtly with questions that hinted at their suspicions.

Sitting down at a table together, I noted the strategic positioning and the careful glances exchanged between Percy's group. They were trying to gather information just as we were—each side playing a careful game of cat and mouse.

"So, where are you guys from?" Piper asked, her voice light but her gaze sharp.

Dex, always quick on his feet, answered smoothly. "Oh, we've moved around a bit. Different cities, different schools."

Percy nodded thoughtfully. "That must be tough. What made you choose Goode?"

Keefe jumped in, steering the conversation away from dangerous territory. "We heard good things about the school's academics and extracurricular activities. Thought we'd give it a try."

Throughout lunch, I observed Percy and his friends carefully, noting the subtle shifts in their expressions and the guarded way they chose their words. They were cautious, just as we were, each side wary of revealing too much.

As the lunch period drew to a close, I realized that while we had managed to blend in and gather some information, there was still so much we didn't know. Were Percy and his friends allies or adversaries? Were they here to help or hinder our mission?

One thing was certain—we had entered into a delicate dance of secrecy and strategy. A dance that would test our skills, our loyalty, and our ability to navigate the treacherous waters of high school and the hidden world of demigods.

As we parted ways with Percy's group, exchanging polite goodbyes and promises to see each other around, I couldn't shake the feeling that this encounter was just the beginning. A beginning filled with uncertainty, danger, and the promise of uncovering truths that could change everything.

---

Whoo! I'm on a roll, enjoy!