PART 1 - Rising Suspicions

"Hey pal. Heyyyy pal. Let's go get some ramen!"

No. Go away.

"Yo, Saiki. Want to talk behind the school, in a dark alleyway or on the rooftop?"

Why not talk here?

"Hmph. The dark force dwelling in my right arm is growing stronger. This must be the work of... The Dark Reunion! They must be setting their 'Mankind Sorting Plan' into motion!"

Not even 8th graders would believe that.

Good grief. How should I deal with this? And here comes another one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh!"

"Oh..."

"T-Teruhashi-san! Oh!"

"Hey everyone! S-saiki-kun, Mr Iguchi asked me to bring your mid-year exam results to you. Do you mind coming with me for a sec?"

'Hehe. Saiki must be so excited to talk to me, the prettiest, most perfect girl! This is the day I will make him go "Oh.."!'

Yeah, good luck.

'Time to unleash the ultimate pretty girl technique; Angel Pleading Eyes!'

"Saiki-kun, will you come with me to Café Mami? T-this is just my thanks for the lovely dinner your mum served on New Year's Eve, so please don't take it the wrong way!"

'Lucky Saiki... As if anyone could refuse me anyway! I'm the perfect pretty girl!'

Good grief. Rejecting Teruhashi is not a good idea. The Kokomins would rip anyone who hurts Teruhashi to shreds. Seriously...

"I'll treat you to their Premium Coffee Jelly!"

Ok, what time are we going again?

Saiki's phone interrupted the conversation. He gave Teruhashi an apologetic nod, and picked up the call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heyyy Saiki!"

Teruhashi froze.

'THAT BLONDE GYARU GIRL!! WHY IS SHE TALKING TO SAIKI? HOW DOES SHE HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER? I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT!'

Saiki excused himself and stepped into another room.

"Aiura. What is it."

"I super luv u, by the way!"

"OK, I'm hanging up."

"Ah, you're so boring... anyway, so I had this sudden bad feeling a week ago, and at first I thought, 'WHATEVS', you know, but then I realised something wrong at school."

"A 'sudden bad feeling' doesn't mean much, but go ahead. What's wrong?"

"Someone's been missing for a week."

"Again, doesn't mean much, but who?"

"Just so you know, I, like, TOTES don't care about this guy, ok?"

"Who?"

"Toritsuka."

"Aiura, you've got to be kidding me. Does Toritsuka really seem like the type to be diligently going off to school every day? He certainly wouldn't mind missing a week, or even a month of school. And he might be doing some monk rituals or something. Don't worry about it."

"Oh, but Saiki, that's not what's wrong. Every time I scour for his location using my fortune-telling ability, I see nothing and end up with a massive headache."

"Aiura, you probably should have started with that."

"Yeah, yeah... anyway, you try using your gimmick."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saiki sighed, laid down the phone gently, and crossed his eyes.

Clairvoyance!

Then, trembling, he picked up the phone again, and shakily whispered,

"I can't see anything."