PART 2 - Finding the Idiot Monk

The blonde gyaru girl checked the address on her phone again, then looked up at the brick house. It was ordinary-looking, but still tasteful.

"Heh, who would have thought that someone capable of ending the world lived here?" she chuckled to herself.

Aiura Mikoto rang the doorbell and waited.

"Welcome!! I'm coming! Oh, you must be one of Kuu's friends? Aw, I'm so happy for my little Kuu. Thank you for being his friend, he isn't the easiest to hold a conversation with, am I right?"

A bright, cheerful voice laughed. It belonged to a sweet-looking woman, Kurumi Saiki.

"Sup --- I MEAN, good morning, ma'am! Yes, I'm one of Kusuo's friends, I was wondering if we could go to a café together?"

Good grief. 'Friend' is stretching it.

Oh well, I suppose I'd better go with her if we ever want to find Reita Toritsuka.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soooo what do we do first? Do we have a plan?"

No. Both my Clairvoyance and Telepathy is not working for Toritsuka. Your Scouring and Fortune-Telling abilities are not working either. We are at a dead end.

"Geez, such a downer..."

"Your Coffee Jelly has arrived, sir! Your mango smoothie will be here shortly, ma'am."

The moment Saiki scooped a portion into his mouth, his expression softened and his eyes closed. Aiura started laughing.

"Saiki, your face is literally melting!! Seriously, is it that good? Ok anyway, we shouldn't get distracted, let's – HEY, QUIT IT!"

Aiura started laughing uncontrollably again.

"Seriously, we need to-"

Don't underestimate the power of Coffee Jelly, Aiura. I've got the plan now.

"Wait really?! Great! What do I do?"

We both do nothing.

"As much as I love that plan, I don't actually want Reita to be in any danger..."

We both do nothing, instead, we ask Touma.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kusuo Saiki! Mikoto Aiura! What a pleasant surprise! You know, I don't usually have people come up to me, so I'm delighted! Is there anything you might want to ask? If it's anything to do with Shounen Jump, I'm afraid I haven't read the new issue so don't spoil please also I believe this is the first time we have conversed Miss Aiura, what a pleasure and Saiki why did you come with someone else I thought you were more introverted which leads to the question of why you even came up to me you usually try to avoid me this is most unlike your usual behaviour is there anything weird going on if so then perhaps I could help but first have any of you heard of the new species of seaweed that looks like moss apparently it's called-"

"IT'S THIS GUY?! SAIKI, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME WE ARE WORKING WITH HIM!"

Akechi Touma does possess unrivalled deductive skills.

"Aw, man.."

Touma, I have to ask you a favour.

"I would be happy to help! As long as it doesn't involve Tuesday afternoon or Friday morning or any challenging physical tasks or a who-can-keep-silent-the-longest challenge or-"

Reita Toritsuka has not been seen at school for a week. My psychic abilities have been blocked for him. Same for Aiura's. Do you have any clue where he is?

Akechi straightened.

"Of course. And luckily for you guys, there are only two possible locations where Toritsuka is being kept. Either at school, or where he lives."

Aiura stared, dumbfounded.

"Woah... hold on a sec, are you for real? How d'ya know that?"

Akechi smiled, and continued.

"Whoever is behind is trying to lure you two in, because they have kept Toritsuka for a full week. Keeping him for a long time only means you have a long time to search more areas, so why would they risk that? Because they want you to find them. Whoever is behind this also has plenty of information about you guys, to have successfully blocked your powers. This means they would know that you know that the places Toritsuka spends the most time is at school and home.

So, to cap it up, if they know that you know Toritsuka spends most his time at school and home, and they want you to find them, then they would hide Toritsuka either at school, or where he lives."

"Omg... this is, like, totally CRAZY, are you a psychic or something?"

...This is the first time my mind has felt so jumbled.

Anyway, no time to doubt Touma.

Teleportation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saiki looked around the peaceful place in the forest, at the bamboo huts. He spotted an old man, who looked rather distressed.

Good afternoon, sir. Have you, by any chance, seen a young, stupid guy with purple hair and a necklace of red beads?

"Eh? Who are you? Why should I answer?"

Me? I'm god.

Saiki started levitating, and set himself on fire using Pyrokinesis.

Now let me ask you again. Have you, or have you not seen Reita Toritsuka?

"W-why yes, he is indeed the issue of my concern! I haven't seen the hair or hide of that foolish boy in a week!" the monk babbled.

God appreciates your compliance. You will receive a free bucket of chicken the next time you visit a convenience store.

Teleportation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He wasn't at home?" Aiura sighed in dismay.

Saiki shook his head.

"Dammit.. it would've been so much more convenient if he was! Now we gotta check every darn room in the whole school!"

But luck, fortunately, was on their side.

The second janitor supply room they checked contained no cleaning products. Instead, there were only two things in the small, dark space.

Reita Toritsuka, gagged and tightly bound to a chair.

And a mysterious paper card, lying on the floor.

It read:

'The clues will tell you where I am.

So come and find me, if you can.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey! hope you enjoyed this section of the story! 

disclaimer: the artwork does not belong to me