chapter 1 <3

anne, sasha, marcy and their amphibian friends panted as they sprinted towards the quickly fading portal accidentally created by king andrias. sasha stumbled, holding onto anne and marcys hands for dear life, sobbing at the pain her eye caused her but unaware of the actual damage. anne on the other hand had triggered her calamity powers, causing her to not feel the pain of the extensive injuries she sustained fighting corrupt marcy. they all huddled around each other, while the surroundings flashed white and a falling sensation fell upon them them.

waking up, the trio were clinging onto each other, shaking. during the portal trip, anne's powers had faded and she was suddenly overtook by an immense pain and she screamed as loud as she possibly could, looking to her left arm to see half of it missing, dripping with loose muscle and blood. she didn't remember what happened. marcy and sasha were out cold, anne clinging onto them while sprig cooed and stroked her hair, trying to calm her. anne sat and slowly started rocking, breathing quickly, in, out, in, out. looking at her surroundings, trying to leave marcy and sasha alone. she saw that they had portalled just outside the boonchuy residence. home. sprig helped her up so she could struggle towards the doorbell, pressing it before collapsing in the doorway as her legs gave way due to pain and exhaustion.

mr. and mrs. boonchuy exclaimed in shock as they saw their battered and beaten daughter in the doorway after they let her go to rescue her friends a few weeks ago. they had been overwhelmed with anxiety and guilt for this exact reason. "HONEY", they cried as they lifted her in their arms and she raised her remaining arm shakily and pointed at the pile of frogs and people on the front lawn before her eyes fluttered closed and she fell into a deep sleep.