02

"So that's the case huh?"

"Yes. I know this sort of thing would be...unnatural for you, but if there's anything that irritates him more, it is the fact that he will not have control over you. I'll go more in depth in an advice chapter, titled, "How to deal with Egoists!"...or something like that."

"I can't wait to read it," Gorou smiles, but it quickly fades as he ponders over her advice, "But it is a bit out of character for me, I feel."

"Well this is if you ever meet him of course. Hehe, he is a dog lover so I'm sure he'd warm up to you regardless of how you treated him. Just don't force yourself to play that role either, alright?"

"Don't tease me, Your Excellency...But I will keep that in mind."

....

'This is...'

Mitsuki stared down at the pathetically bland bowl of what he assumed was food displayed in front of him. It looked horrendous, colors mixed together to make an unpleasingly gross greenish sludge with yellow and orange bits dotted around. It didn't even have any kind of smell which concerned him more. He briefly glanced across him to see Gorou eating it with no caution much to his surprise. Then to the soldiers eating in the tables around them, and once again shocking him as they all ate the slop with little hesitation or doubts. Had they really been eating the same thing he was?? Or were they idiots? Blind idiots, perhaps.

"So this isn't poisonous?" The lensed man asks turning back to Gorou, whose brows furrow at his roundabout insult.

"They are rations from the army's supply so no they are not poisonous. Just eat up, okay? It's not as bad as it looks."

"I wasn't not going to eat it."

"Really? Because we've been sitting here for a few minutes already and all you've done is pick at it."

"Oh, so you CAN be perceptive when it grants you an advantage over me."

"I-I'm always perceptive. Now eat. You don't expect me to feed it to you, do you?"

"It would be faster to force me, I suppose but no, I'll eat it myself." He mumbles under his breath, but takes a spoonful of the mush and takes it in his mouth. It didn't taste as bad as it looked to be honest just like he said, but from the food he always ate, this could be considered a huge downgrade. Still...it was edible he supposed.

"Good right?" Gorou says with a small smile. He doesn't wait for Mitsuki's likely negative response and goes on, "I'm glad Her Excellency approved of your position with me. For a bit, I was concerned if she would rather have you working with her instead."

"Oh yeah, Kokomi just loves me," he says sarcastically after swallowing his earlier bite, "I do not think you had much to worry about. I would never agree to it anyways."

"Hmm," Gorou's eyes do not stray from Mitsuki for a bit before he tilts his head, "Is that why you do not call her, "Her Excellency?" Because you think she dislikes you? Or maybe you two are on closer terms than I am aware."

"What?" He sounded more surprised than he had intended, "No, not at all. None of those reasons are precisely why. I just do not think she is worthy of my respect, if that answers your question."

"Vaguely. That'll be difficult to deal with considering she's our leader. Regardless," he continues before Mitsuki could interrupt with his usual defensive remarks, "I know she is happy to have you with us. So am I!"