Chapter Eleven

Story: Broken But Brave
Chapter Eleven: Trapped With a Failure

The clock ticked eight as Ginny Weasley entered the conference room. She looked at her watch to recheck the time as slight panic rose through her. She still had some more typing to be done but there was one more huge problem which burdened her head. She was going to meet him, but she didn't want to! If she would meet him, she would surely look like a fool and stutter things and it was one hundred percent sure that he would ask her to go back with him to the Wizarding World. That would be the only reason he is now in the muggle world. Personally, he did not like it because of his barbaric "family".

Ginny had to formulate a plan. Now more than ever, her brain had to work! She could almost hear the clicking of the gears in her mind as a sure but harsh plan formed in her mind.

"I'm sorry, Iliana but I must do this."

With that thought, she used a glamour charm, changing her eye colour to midnight black and her hair to long, dirty blonde. She adjusted her cheekbones and smile line to make her look more healthier and then strode out of the conference room.

She climbed down the stairs but suddenly caught herself as her heart skipped a beat, for she had heard his voice.

"Okay! I suppose you need to press F2," he said, most probably talking about PowerPoint.

"Is it? Ginny and I were-" she heard a gasp, "-struggling to get the presentation on a full screen! I forgot the shortcut key and there is some problem with the taskbar." she heard Iliana say. Ginny stealthily walked to a pillar and hid behind it. From her place, she could see the duo walking back to the receptionist table. She couldn't see his face, only his hair which was . . . less messy?

"G-Ginny?" he stuttered. Iliana nodded.

"My best friend. I shall introduce you to her in a few. Funny how you both never met each other with me being here."

Harry nodded. "Err. . . h-her name is Ginny?" He asked as Ginny rolled her modified black eyes.

"Yes, Ginny Weasley. Have you met her?" Iliana asked, looking at him suspicious.

"Maybe," Harry said, scratching his neck as they approached the desk.

"Ooh! I realize that the world is too small."

Harry snorted and Iliana looked up at him. "Right," he quickly covered up his snort.

"Maybe the introduction is a waste of time," Iliana said as she sat down and opened her drawer, taking out stacks of paper.

"No!" Harry shouted, causing the lady to look at him with raised eyebrows. "Err. . . I mean I-er. . . it would be nice to meet your best friend."

Iliana smiled and looked at another stack of papers. "You need to sort them into the correct order. They are needed for the meeting."

"Okay," Harry said and sat down beside Iliana to sort the papers. The monster in Ginny's chest roared slightly but this was the perfect time to do it. Ginny raised her wand, still hidden from the duo's sight.

"Obliviate."

A white light lit the tip of her wand as she thought of what she wanted to do. Iliana's eyes looked down and she fainted on the desk as Ginny lowered her wand and hid behind the pillar.

"Miss Sallow? Miss Sallow, what happened?" Harry asked. He quickly got up and grabbed a paper glass and filled it with water from a water purifier. He ran back to the desk and sprinkled some water on Iliana's face. Iliana stirred and blinked her eyes open. She shook her head as if trying to get water out of her ears. Harry raised his eye brows at this and Ginny flinched.