12 • Them

• • •

"Bonjour, dickhead!"

• • •

My jaw dropped as I set my eyes on an angry Navyah sitting on the edge of the bed, tears streaming down her cheeks

My jaw dropped as I set my eyes on an angry Navyah sitting on the edge of the bed, tears streaming down her cheeks. I knew I deserved more than a hit with the soft, fuzzy slipper. Still, I wanted to laugh about her choice of object, but I controlled myself and warily approached her. It must have been the closest thing she could find.

While she drilled holes in the back of my skull, I set the phone and necklace on the nightstand. I tried my best to avoid eye contact and knelt in front of her.

"Touch me, and I'll chop your hands off," there was hidden promise in her voice. My heart swelled with pride and I gaped in awe at Navyah. I really love this new side of her. Compared to her first day with me, she has changed a lot.

"Forgive me, but please allow me to treat your wound. I've heard that if we wait for long to treat our wounds by the glass, our feet will shrink." 'Don't laugh you, scumbag' I reminded myself as she narrowed her eyes, before letting out a painful groan.

"Is it painful?" Of course, it will be! Extending my hand, I caressed her cheek with my thumb, surprised when she didn't pull away

"So bad," my heart ached for her. I should have controlled my anger, fuck!

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Ignoring her protests, I slide my hand under her knees and shoulder to hoist her up before setting her down on the bed, properly in a sitting position, earning a whack on my head.

"What the-" I stopped myself when I noticed she was staring at me blankly. Please, God, save me!

"Wait here," I mumbled as I dashed into the bathroom to wash my hands with soap. When I came back with a clean and wet cloth, she was rubbing her eyes furiously. I frowned and slapped her hand away. She glared at me before looking away. Thank God.

My eyes widened as I saw her feet, it appeared to be in such a horrible shape. My poor baby, she must be in so much pain.

I gently cleaned the dried blood around her foot, earning a hiss from her.

"Shh, it will be over soon, okay? Just stay still," as I grabbed the tweezers after rubbing the alcohol pad on the wounds, and prepared to remove the glasses, she propped her back on her elbows to look at me.

I took a deep breath and began by carefully removing the largest glass first. I did not stop when Navyah cried out pain; instead, I held her ankle tightly to keep her from moving. I grabbed the alcohol pad and gently wiped the area to stop the bleeding, after successfully drawing out the glass piece.

"You're doing so well, darling," I whispered, and continued to focus on my work. Then I applied antibiotic ointment before bandaging her feet. I repeat the action until I removed all of the pieces.