Chapter 8

Happy followed Quinn and the SAMCRO brothers up to a cabin they had usefully tucked away in the middle of nowhere. He was looking forward to this. More so when Quinn asked him if he had his tools. He watched the shivers pass over the Redwood's faces as he smiled in response and nodded. He would enjoy the sounds that would escape the dead man, enjoy the tears and the feel of the fresh warm blood flowing down his hands. He would enjoy breaking the man who had hurt the Spitfire. 

When they reached the cabin it was to find the dark van that Bobby and the prospect had taken along with the dead man's Mazda. Out of his saddle bags Happy pulled his bag of tools. He ignored the flinches cast by some of the members. It wasn't like he was gonna use them on the men watching. Unless he was asked to anyway. And if he was it was because one of them had screwed up badly enough that it was the only choice. Which would mean it was their own fucking fault. Happy didn't think it hurt to remind guys of that sometimes. 

The group entered the cabin to find the man tied to a kitchen chair, his face was a mess and Happy glanced at the guy's leg. Sure enough there was a bullet hole in his calf. 

"I thought I told you knuckleheads not to touch him," Clay growled at Bobby and the prospect. The prospect paled. Pussy. 

"We didn't. Found him like this," Bobby said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. Happy grinned. The Spitfire had done the damage. Caused almost as much as she had received. He was proud of her. She had listened to them while they taught her. 

"Bells did this?" Quinn asked, sounding as proud as Happy felt. 

"Oh yeah. Matt here has been real chatty. Told us all about how he had been planning this to get a prospect patch. How Bella fought him and how the 'bitch' even shot him. We got the gun back as well," Bobby said, nodding towards Quinn and Happy. 

"So, you want to join us?" Clay asked, lighting up a cigar. 

"Yeah, I mean-"

"What did you do to her?" Jax cut over the man. 

"Just knocked her around a little. That's all," apparently Matt knew he'd fucked up big time. Happy was sure he wasn't aware of just how bad though. 

"Really? Why did tha lass have bruises in places she shouldn' then?" Chibs said between clenched teeth. Happy looked towards the Scot and frowned. Was something going on between the brother and the girly? He didn't like that thought one bit. She was his. She was Happy's. 

"I didn't get to screw the slut, just felt her up a bit," Matt grumbled looking upset. 

Quinn smacked him with a meaty fist. Happy smiled as the guy spat blood and a tooth. 

"Fuck man," Matt said looking scared now. 

"Happy?" Quinn asked. 

Happy nodded and laid out his bag of tools, unrolling them carefully so Matt could watch. The anticipation, the fear of what was to come was half of the fun. Carefully, methodically and slowly Happy inspected each one of his tools. He took good care of them but he still liked to check them before a job. 

"Why her?" Tig asked Matt. 

"Look, guys, I didn't mean-"

"Answer the question before our friend here makes you," Clay said nodding to Happy who was inspecting his hacksaw for broken teeth. 

"I thought she was just another biker slut that you guys didn't care about," Matt said, his eyes wide as he already pissed himself. This was going to be boring. No challenge. 

Quinn smacked the guy again and Matt lost another tooth. 

"You've got something that belongs to my kid," Quinn said quietly.