07

Ch 07 : New Day, New Shanaya

____

Shubman's POV

Shanaya Kohli.

The girl who has constantly been on my mind for a few days now is sitting in front of me, engrossed in a boring lecture.

Today is the day when our deal starts. If I think about it front a third person's point of view it would sound too absurd, but all I wanna know is why Shanaya like this. She pretends she's strong and doesn't care about others opinions, but she clearly does.

The bell soon rang and I had to leave for my cricket practice. I bid bye to Sakshi and left, not before unintentionally (definitely intentionally) shoulder bumping Shanaya. She looked up angrily to shout at the person but when she saw it was me, she just shook her head waving me off. I giggled and turned around just in time to not bump my head this time with the door. 

I think I heard Shanaya's small laugh, but then again I might be mistaken. I can never make her laugh. Does she even know how to laugh?

I reached the ground and changed my clothes. The practice went on for around 3 or 4 hours. Everyone was tired and straight up went to the cafeteria of the college. When we were nearing the canteen, it was almost full, it must be the break time.

Upon reaching the crowded place we all realized that we were all still in our practice clothes, drenched in sweat. Abhi said,"Let's go and get changed first, till then the crowd will lessen a bit."

We nodded and turned around to leave when Abhi bumped into a friend of Shanaya, Shruti. They both apologized to each other again and again, making us all laugh silently. She looked at me and said,"Are you Shubman?"

"Yeah?" I nodded and said.

She just nodded and was going to leave but I held her hand and stopped her, asking why. She shrugged and said,"Shanaya seems to be hiding from you, I wonder why. Just wanted to confirm if Shubman was a sketchy guy, but since it's you it's fine. She might be high on coffee."

I laughed and asked,"She's hiding from me?"

She nodded and left. The guys all looked at me confused, I shrugged and asked them to leave first.

"I'll change later, you'll go ahead." I said and started walking to where Shruti went. I'm sure Shanaya is with her.

There she is, wearing a cap which is covering her entire face and all I can see is her lips but that's enough for me to recognize her. I walked towards her table and sat down on the opposite side, in front of her. She looked up and immediately looked down, cursing in a low voice.

I laughed and said,"Aww, is Shanaya not happy to see me? I wonder why?"

She looked up and rolled her eyes. She spoke in a low voice,"Not here alright, leave."

"You don't get to decide that darling. Now, I would like a bottle of water, a glass of orange juice and a masala dosa. Go get it for me." I said while putting my bag down on the floor beside my leg, relaxing myself.

She scrunched her tiny nose and said,"Orange juice and masala dosa? You don't deserve to stay alive."

I laughed and got up,"Are you threatening me or something?"

She rolled up her sleeves and blew the strand of hair away from her eyes. She went towards the cafeteria guy to place my order. I sat down and checked my phone for any missed call, two from my maa and one from Sakshi.

I called my mom and waited for her to answer, but as always she didn't pick up. I'm sure she's busy watching some of her daily serials. I dialed Sakshi's number and just as she picked up I felt someone kick my leg. I winced and looked up, it was Shanaya. Her one hand was holding the plate of dosa, another one was holding the glass of juice, while the bottle of water was held in between her elbow joint.

"Quickly hold it." She said in a hurry as she tried to balance all of the things at once.

I smiled and shook my head at her antics and took the plate from her hand as well as the glass. She placed the bottle of water in front of me and took a sigh of relief.

She glared at me and said,"You stink."

"I know."

"Good. Also are you wearing the sticky shirt to show off your abs?"

"And if I am?"

She rolled her eyes and walked away while shouting,"Enjoy your sada dosa and pineapple juice sir, I hope you have a great day ahead!"

I looked down and realized she played me. It indeed was not what I wanted, but I guess I'll just have it. Afterall Shanaya bought it for me.

_____________

Ahh how I missed writing.

Can you guys please comment or dm me your thoughts? It helps me a lot.
OH
AND
ALSO
vote