Boyfriends and Girlfriends

Bren's POV

Niall almost kissed me.. well then...

My head is swirling, if he likes me then he should ask me out. Wait he did. So does that mean that it's off? Well, I sorta called it off..

I stood exactly where he left me when he ran off. I hear a bedroom door open and close. But I still shield my eyes and face from the world. If I don't see anything it's not real. A pair of soft hands grip my wrists and lower them from my face. I open my eyes to see Louis Tomlinson standing in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I ask quietly. He smirks and sits on the carpet pulling me gently down with him. I settle on the shaggy carpet and lean against the wall. "Why does it have to be so complicated?"

"What has to be complicated?" Louis gently asks taking one of my cold hands in his own. I feel his fingers dancing over my shaking fingers.

I sigh, might as well tell him. "Niall and I almost kissed. But then he didn't and he just keeps leading me on. And I know I have only known you guys for not even a day but I don't know. It doesn't feel awkward. I mean usually a plot like this belongs in a poorly written fanfiction not in real life." I conclude. Louis just sits there tracing patterns on my palm with his long fingers.

"I know it is confusing." He consoles me. "Trust me, it will get worse."

"Louis!" I cry whacking his shoulder lightly. "Way to give great advice."

He rolls his eyes but smirks. "You know it's true. Just be careful with that heart of yours."

"Why did you take so long in my room anyways?" I ask, assuming that he was poking through my stuff.

His eyes cloud over and he drops my hand. "El called me." He replies shortly. I don't know why, but I feel like I have such a connection with Louis. It's that feeling you get when you know that someone is just going to be your best friend. You trust them instantly. Acting stupid with them just doesn't matter.

"Oh no.." I murmur and pull him into a hug. He wraps his arms around me and takes a long shaky breath.

"She saw the pictures of us leaving the hospital with you and me holding you hand." He explains. "It didn't help that the paps got that shot of me lifting you into the car." I place my hand over my mouth, at loss for words.

"Louis, I am so sorry." I whisper. He just shrugs, but I can tell that this hurt him alot. I wrap my arms around him. He buries his face into my neck and we share the tender moment. The smell of his Cologne invades my nose. It's sweet but also have a bit of a twang to it.

"Hey, Bren?" Louis mumbles, his face still against my neck.

"Yea?" I reply, his arms are encircling me. I feel his fingers resting lightly on the small of my back.

"Don't ever think this is your fault okay?" Louis commands me. He sits up, breaking the hug. The simple action leaves me feeling cold and empty without his arms around me. I nod, I can't help but feel a little guilty. I broke up Elounor. "Hey." He says turning my chin upward to face him, his fingers tapping a steady rhythm on my skin. "We had been arguing for a couple of weeks. This was just the final straw. Okay?" I nod and he continues to stare into my eyes. I can't break the spell between us. I faintly hear the doorbell ring again. Eh, one of the guys will get it. I think.

"Did you love her?" I ask quietly. He blinks, appearing shocked by my sudden question.

"What?" he appears alarmed.

"Did you? Were you in love with her?" I repeat.

"I thought I was. But then I met someone else, and I really don't want to let her slip away." He answers. I purse my lips and nod. I can't help but wonder who this mystery girl is. I try to hold back my curiosity but it overcomes me. Words fly out of my mouth like sparrows.