Chapter 1 - Where Am I?

- Credit to CrimsonAccilia for the name -

How did I get there? I remember saying goodbye to Mum. Heading out to go for walk then darkness.

<<<<

"Where are you going, Lily?"

"I'm just going out for a walk. I won't be long."

"Okay, dinner won't be much longer."

"Okay Mum, see you when I get back ~"

"Be safe, sweetheart."

"I will ~" I head out for evening walk.

It's a bit chilly this arvo. I put my hood on. I walk my normal route. Up the street, around the corner, through the park and back home.

I get to the park, there's a black cat. "Hello little kitty ~"

"Meow," it runs off.

"Hey! Come back kitty!" I run after it, through the park. "Where is it?"

"Meow," it runs into the trees.

"What's this cat doing?" I chase after it.

I can only just see it. It looks back at me and bolts.

"Where are you g - Oof..."

What did I trip over? A root? Is that root moving. I must have hit my head. I hear rustling.

"Nope, the fucker moving!"

I get to my feet and run. Fuck the cat! I'm gotta here! I look back, more roots are moving. What the fuck going on?! I look head, a root comes out of the ground. I can't stop, I trip over.

"Oh fuck!" I close my eyes and wait for the pain.

>>>>

How did I get there? I remember saying goodbye to Mum. Heading out to go for walk then darkness.

I sit up, "ow. My head hurts. Wait, I was chasing a cat through the park. And then... Then the roots were moving! One of the bastards trips me!"

I get up and look around, "hang on... It was the afternoon when I left home. It's morning?"

I check my phone, "8 o'clock. Shit! I've been out all night. Mum and Dad are going to be worried..."

I call Mum, "she's going to be pissed... Huh? What?! No signal?! How can I have no signal?! Bet it's the stupid trees..."

I walk out of the trees toward the playground... "The playground was right here... I know I hit my head, not that hard I would forget."

I look around, "where am I? I don't remember this place. Looks like there's a trail over there. Did I get kidnap and dumped? I mean dumping me somewhere with no signal is a good idea. Lilith, you read to many true crime books... I guess I'll follow the trail and see where it goes. Hopefully, I'm not too far from Newie." Newie not the best place, it's still home.

I follow the trail, they don't look like the normal forby track... Cart maybe, a carriage? I didn't think Amish live in Australia. Probably not in Newie. Hopefully, they can help me.

"Get out the way you stupid girl!"

I turn around horses come flying at me. "Oof..." I'm so sick of these gravity checks...

"Stop the carriage!"

'Damnit, my head hurts...' I look up, oh fuck he is hot.

"I'm sorry my driver hit you. Are you alright?"