bill

Y/N POV

I immediately stood up. I watched Bev rub Bill's shoulder and he slowly walked back to our table. He was shaking, his lips were blue and his skin was white like snow. There are murmured whispers throughout the store as everyone in the small café looks at us. Our group stood up and immediately comforted Bill, trying to help him ignore the quiet conversations about him.

The locals knew Bill's family, they knew majority of the groups families; this news about Bill will cause more rumours about his PTSD or some other false accusation about him. We tried to give him space and room to breathe while also trying to comfort him and be close and secure to him. Bev sat him down and then sat next to him, rubbing his shoulder and back, whispering comforting words into his skin.

"Do you want me to get you water? Coffee?" I asked, sitting on the table, facing him. He looked at me with his trembling eyes and nodded, softly letting out the words, 'water please'. I left the table and walked up to the front counter of the café. The waitresses were making coffee and plating up breakfast dishes, exchanging small conversations about random things.

One of the girls writing down orders looked up at me and gave me a great smile, her dimples on both sides of her face falling deeper into her skin.

"Hey, how can I help?" She said in a higher pitched tone, probably her customer voice peeking through.

"Can I just get a glass of water please?" I said, fiddling with the ends of my finger nails. She nodded her head and gave me a polite smile before turning around and grabbing a jar of water and a glass. She handed them to me, and said with a smile on her face,

"Is this for the boy sitting down at your table?"

"Yeah it is." I nodded while looking over my shoulder to still see Bev rubbing Bill's shoulders.

"It's so sad what happened to him and his family." She said placing the jar and cup on the table. I gave her a confused look, knitting my eyebrows together.

"What happened?"

"You didn't hear? The family lost their youngest kid, Georgie. We went missing with a heap of other kids, they never found him. That was about three, four years ago. Apparently the family have gone through a heap of stuff but Bill took it the hardest, he still gets PTSD episodes." She said quietly, informing me.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even know that. I just met them, we just moved here so I don't know much about the community."

Her eyes widened and she swallowed her words. She ran her hands over her apron and took a step back, allowing room between her and I. She looked worried and scared, giving me a weak smile and saying 'have a nice day' before walking off into the back of the café.

I hesitantly grabbed the jar and cup and walked over to Bill, placing the water in front of him. I poured a glass and gave him a comforting smile. He gave a weak smile, his eyes barely creasing like they used to. He leaned in and sook a sip of water, his body taking in the feeling of something cold. His body was heating up, I could tell. His face was red and there was pit stains under his arms.

"So what happened honey?" Bev said, trying to calm him down.

"It's back. I saw it. I saw Georgie."