Chapter 10

Hermione had trouble sleeping. She's been tossing and turning ever since she went to bed earlier. She didn't know why, but for some reason she found she couldn't sleep.

She had the slight feeling that something was wrong, but couldn't put her finger on it.

She didn't know whether that as the reason as to why she couldn't sleep, or because of what happened earlier.

The memory of her and Harry in the Room of Requirement flashed through her mind, and she gently rubbed her tired eyes, smiling as she did so.

Her thoughts were distracted, however, when the fake gallon began to vibrate on her nightstand. Opening the shades, she quickly grabbed it, wondering who could be messaging her right now.

'Hermione….come quick! It's Harry!'

Without missing a beat, she threw off her bedsheets and quietly ran out of her dorm. She then rushed to the fifth-year boy's dorm, but she ran into Ron, who was helping Harry stand.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw Harry. He was extremely pale; he was sweating and shaking. He looked like he was about to get sick.

"Hermione, we need to get to Dumbledore's office right away. Can you help?"

"Yeah!" she said, moving to Harry's other side. She wrapped her arm around him and together they began their quick descent to Professor Dumbledore's office.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked.

"My dad's been attacked," Ron said, his voice caught in his throat.

"What?" she asked. She then looked over at Harry. "Did you see it?"

Harry nodded, refusing to say anything.

"Professor McGonagall's waking Fred, George and Ginny now," Ron continued on.

They reached Professor Dumbledore's office and the door opened. Professor Dumbledore stood behind his desk, his face grave.

"What is going on, Harry?"

"Ron's dad has been attacked!" Harry said. "Voldemort's snake attacked him!"

Dumbledore looked straight at Harry before sighing, turning to a portrait frame.

Hermione sat down next to Harry, gently taking his hand in hers. She wiped her hand across his forehead and wiped some of the sweat off of it, staring at his scar as she did so.

"How are you feeling?"

"How do you think I'm feeling?" he said bitterly.

"Everything is going to be ok." She then turned to Ron, who remained silent. "They'll find him. I know they will."

"How did this happen?" he asked, shaking his head.

"Your father's been found," Professor Dumbledore said. Hermione let out a sigh of relief.

"Professor Dumbledore, how did Harry see all of this?"

"I want to talk to you and Harry, but, first, let's get the Weasleys to Grimmauld Place. We will get all of your trunks. You all are leaving for break early."