Introduction

We meet again, my loyal Childe simps

First, I would like to post a spoiler warning, but this one is not as urgent as I am making up quite a bit of original content. This story has almost nothing to do with the main plot of Genshin Impact, so the only spoilers I can think of are certain details about the characters, mostly backstory elements and secret identities, but it's not much. Still, if you are new to the game and do not know much about these characters, particularly Childe, Venti, and maybe Zhongli, then proceed as you see fit. 

Second, here is all the general information: 

1. No profane, inappropriate, or disrespectful comments. 

2. No plagiarism or sharing without credit. 

3. The story will contain graphic violence, dark themes, and suggestive innuendos, and these may become more extreme as the story continues. Read at your own risk. 

4. Do not read if you dislike Genshin, Chilumi, romance, dystopias, or any other aspect of the story. Unless, of course, it turns out to be a pleasant exception to your usual preferences :) 

5. The premise of this story is literally built on an extreme divergence from the canon storyline, so absolutely do not accept anything in the following chapters as canon. 

Now, I won't stall much longer. Updates will be slow, as the writing in this story is turning out better than my other fanfic, but also quite dense, which means it will take longer. Other than that, I hope you enjoy. I'm personally having lots of fun adapting Teyvat and its characters into the scenario I've put them in. And also writing about Bennett for once, because Bennett is Best Boy and he ranks a close second to Childe on my list of favorite Genshin characters. 

And here we have it, the second official work in my Genshin writing spree, 

The Contract