Day 1- Fasting

I don't know how to start but since Christ is in me and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit is still fresh. I will try my best to state everything here.

Every one of us wants an intimate relationship with Christ. We want to see his miracles and feel His presence. We went to church, worshiped, and do our very best to please our God. One of the things we do is fasting. Fasting is not only controlling your craving for food but also is a way to redirect yourself to God. We give space from worldly things and focus on God's commandments and words.  We give rest to social media and distance ourselves from our friends to focus on spiritual growth.

"My day one is truly difficult."

The reality that everyone feels as the fasting started. You can feel the starving and dizziness on this day because your body is slowly adjusting. Fasting is no joke, it is truly easy to be said than to be done. 

" Your soul is open wide and you need to guard it to put only God's wisdom"

As you feel any temptations like your sister brought a fries and your favorite burger. Make sure that you can control yourself. If you are tempted much, that is a sign to go inside an empty room and pray. Stay focused on God and your goal.

Let me share with you what we have done to end our first day in victory.

Early in the morning, 4 am to be exact. We have a group prayer meeting that will help every member to meditate and prepare oneself for the spiritual battle. To make our prayer easier, we decided to choose a prior prayer and it is the prayer for yourself or what you want to attain after the fasting and even asked guidance.

Our Pastor gave us a verse from 2 Chronicles 20:22

22 When they began singing and praising, the Lord set ambushes against the sons of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; so they were struck down.

This verse encourages us to praise God because, for every fasting and prayer, God is working and fighting against your enemy. 

God was never been blinded and muted. He hears and sees us in every way. He makes his way to help us and in return, we must obey and listen to him. 

My devotional this day is also amazing. It was entitled " All Victories are for and from God." from the reading: Judges 11:1-40. The scriptures are Judges 11:30-31, 

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord and said, "If You will indeed hand over to me the sons of Ammon, 31 then whatever comes out the doors of my house to meet me when I return []safely from the sons of Ammon, it shall be the Lord's, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering."

For everything is from God then we should praise and worship Him for the victory. In fasting there is Victory. Not a wealth of money but a connection to the Father. Our connection to our Creator is greater than any wealth in this world. Worldly things disappear but our God is powerful and living the world eternally.

As my hunger deepens, I decided to simply nap because my body was still adjusting. After a 10 minutes nap, I directly opened my personal computer not to entertain myself but to feed my spirit from the scriptures of one of the most influential Pastors, Pastor Jentezen Franklin, entitled " What is Fasting"

I watched all the process and understands deeply the meaning of Fasting. It is not only hungering your stomach but hungering yourself to God. It loses the yoke and replaces by the Holy Spirit from God. 

This is the day where I started to learn more about God and slowly firing up my spir