1: Pouring Rain

CHAPTER ONE (Unedited)

~Charlotte~ 

Napalingon si Charlotte sa pinto ng conference room na kinaroroonan niya ng bumukas iyon.

It was Clyde Sy, her working partner.

"Yo," bati nito, at naupo sa swivel chair sa tabi niya.

"Yo," bati rin niya. "Wala pa si Miss Maggie?" Ang tinutukoy niya ay si Margarette del Valle-Mercado, their big boss and CEO of FabPhil Publishing Company, kung saan sila nagta-trabaho ni Clyde.

He look around. "Well, nakikita mo ba siya dito?"

Inirapan niya ito. He just laughed.

"You look so attractive when you roll your eyes like that, Chloe."

"Don't start with me, Clyde," she told him flatly.

"I'm telling the truth."

She just gave him a shut-the-hell-up look.

He just winked at her.

Napailing na lang siya. Ever since they became a partner two years ago, lagi siyang hinihiritan nito ng ganoon. Although alam naman niyang biro lang nito yon. 

She and Clyde are just partners and friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

Though there is no doubt that Clyde is a drop-dead gorgeous. From his messy curly hair, sharp eyes, and those playful smirk of his. He look raggedly handsome.

Even though he's always smiling, there's something in his eyes that makes him mysterious.

No wonder, girls and gays go gaga over him. Except her. She simply couldn't see Clyde that way. She wouldn't.

Her heart already belongs to someone. Forever.

Bumukas ang pinto ng conference room at pumasok doon ang big boss nila na si Miss Maggie, kasama nito ang sekretarya nito na si Lisa. She smiled warmly at them. "Good afternoon, guys."

"Hey boss, ba't lalo ka yatang gumaganda?" Clyde grinned.

Miss Maggie laughed when she elbowed him in his ribs. "Aw,"

"Umayos ka nga, Clyde. Hi, Miss Maggie, wag niyong pansinin si Clyde. Panigurado nalipasan na naman ng gutom."

Ngumiti lang ito at naupo sa swivel chair sa tapat nila, pati si Lisa. "Nah, it's okay. It's nice to hear some compliment from this gorgeous guy, you know." She winked at Clyde. "Can you believe that my husband still blabbers everytime he would try to give me some compliment? Mahiyain pa din hanggang ngayon. That nerd." Umiling-iling ito habang nakangiti ng malapad.

Nagkatinginan sila ni Clyde at napangiti. Miss Maggie had been married to Byron Mercdo, her college sweetheart, for almost 10 years, and yet, they still act like their honeymooners. Obvious na in love na in love pa rin ang dalawa sa isa't isa sa kabila ng pagkakaroon ng dalawang anak.

(A/N: Maggie and Byron is my character from "Campus Queen Meets The Hottest Nerd". Although binura ko siya dahil balak ko siyang i-revise. Hahaha. Ipapa-publish ko na lang siya once I'm done with this story. Loooooong way to go. Adja! (*^*)/ )

She always admired Miss Maggie. She is not just a boss to her, but she also treated her as a friend. She is very kind to her ever since her first day here at FabPhil Publishing Company.

She worked for company as a photographer, while Clyde is a journalist.

"Okay, let's start woth the business." She took the three folders from Lisa and gave it to them.