2. Storm's A Brewin'

September came quickly, and before Scorpius Malfoy knew it, he found himself standing in the midst of a crowd of hustling and bustling families on Platform 9 3/4 with his parents and his younger sister by four years, Lyra. He could hear his parents talking to him, but he was not paying much attention. He was busy scanning the crowd, looking for any familiar faces, particularly the Goyle brothers, Porter Parkinson, and Holden Zabini.

"This is your last year, boy. You better make this count, and when I say make this count, I mean take that Weasley's girl's place at the top spot of every class." Draco demanded coolly. Sighing, Scorpius nodded without looking at his father. Draco had the mindset of a typical Malfoy, and it was to be the best at everything, and when you knew you could not do so, just pretend you were and boast about it. In the past Scorpius adopted his father and his grandfather's views but as he grew older he realized that there really was not a lot of clarity in this point of view, and that it was about time he set about to find his own path...though it was a little irritating that a girl, Rose Weasley out of all girls actually, was beating him in every class, but then again, was second place really so bad?

"Scorpius dear, your hair. Whatever happened to it? It used to be so nice..." Astoria, his mother, was reaching out towards his wayward blonde locks and the moment Scorpius felt her fingertips brushing against it he jumped back a foot or two as if her touch burned.

"Please mother, I'm not a child. I can take care of myself." He protested, ignoring Lyra's giggling. He glared an icy grey glare at his younger sister, but it did not shut her up at all. She looked nothing like him, who inherited her mother's swaying black hair and her heart shaped face. The only thing they had in common was their father's metal grey eyes.

"If you can take care of yourself then surely your hair would look neater than it is now." Draco commented dryly. Scorpius rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. When he was younger he kept his white-blond hair slicked back in a style that mimicked his father's, but as he grew he adopted more of a 'wear it as it is' hairstyle and now it looked as if he just got out of bed. It was untidy, but in a fashionable sense, and on the plus side, it could not possibly be as disheveled looking as that Potter boy's hair. How that boy managed to get his hair to look like that, only Merlin knew.

"Oh, the train is about to leave. You two better get a move on." Astoria pointed out. The Hogwarts Express was gathering up steam, and the remaining students were rushing to get into the train. Lyra was already making her way inside, and Scorpius began to follow suit. Before clambering inside he took one last look at his father, who nodded curtly. The young man nodded back, a light squirming settling in his stomach. He only just realized how much he resembled him.

I'll try my best not to let you down. He thought weakly as he stepped inside. The train was alive with conversation, mostly first years talking animatedly about what house they wanted to be sorted in, or myths about the school and whatnot. He smirked, then remembered suddenly that he was Head Boy and that he was supposed to meet up with the other houses for some kind of meeting.

Bloody-

"Scorpius?"

Rose? No, her voice was higher. He spun around only to see Porter Parkinson's sixth year sister, Patricia. He felt his eye twitch and he tried his best to look happy for her. She was not great to look at, and she was a little annoying. He miserably remembered her following him nearly everywhere last year, trying to do Merlin knows what.

"Oh, hullo Patricia. Nice to see you again. How was your summer?" He asked politely as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Patricia's cheeks seemed to flush pink, he had no idea why, and she placed her hands behind her back. Her gaze was averted to the floor.