Auditions

"My name is Bailee Kain and I'm going to sing Let Her Go." The judges nod and I start to sing. I pour my whole heart into the song, keeping my eyes closed, not wanting to see their reactions.
I open my eyes when I finish and they are all standing up, clapping their hands. "That was magnificent! You have a voice of an angel!" Jennifer told me, grabbing a ticket. "Its a definite yes!" Randy informed me and I broke into happy tears. "Thank you so much!!" I cheered and grabbed the ticket. "You earned it baby girl." Randy told me and I squealed.
I ran out, holding the ticket, and everyone around me clapped. I guess I forgot came alone and I had no one's arms to jump into. "Excuse me, miss?" I heard someone say, so I turned around and saw a pretty read head, shorter than me. "Yeah?" I ask. She pointed to a boy, taller than her, with a brown Mohawk and said, "Can you help me? My brother is being stubborn and I see you got a ticket, so just tell him how it was?" I was a bit confused. I just told him how I got the ticket? I shrugged and nodded, "Sure?" She gripped my hand and drug me over to the boy. "Schyler!-" He says, noticing she had brought me to him. "-I'm truly sorry." He says, looking at me with bright brown eyes. I went to say its okay, but Schyler interrupted me, "Tell him." She sort of pushed me, so I just said, "Um? Well I- what am I supposed to say, again?" I ask Schyler and she sighed. "Tell Colton he is missing out." I look at Colton and said, "Just try out, you really are missing out." He pulled a hand through his hair and noticed they were next. "Fine-" Schyler squealed and drug him in, but thanked me before doing so. I laughed it off and got out of line to go find someone, so I can brag.
Hours later
I sat down in a booth and decide to call my- Who should I call? Or most importantly, who Would I call? I have no one. No one. No friends. No family. Unless a drunk dad counts.
I sighed and looked out at the stormy weather. The restaurant was pretty crowded.
"I'm sorry but its a 45 minute wait." I heard a gentle voice say, followed by a girls voice, "Colton. Let's just go, we can eat at a hotel." I look around real quick and see Colton and Schyler. Colton nods and they turn to leave, but I jump up and said, "Colton? Schyler?" They turned around and I pointed to the booth, "I have enough room?" They both beamed and came and sat with me. "Thank you! Everywhere we went it was packed!" Schyler said, sliding in beside Colton. "So? Did you guys get in??" I eagerly ask and they both beamed. "Yes!" They shouted, gaining looks from people. "That's awesome!" I whisper, causing them to laugh. "Well its all because of you." Colton said and confusion flashed over his face, "We never caught your name." Schyler nodded and I smiled, "Bailee." They nod again.
"A waitress hasn't even came to our table yet!" Schyler complained to us, while checking her phone. "Calm down, Schy." Colton mutters. "Hey, look, I saw her at the auditions. I think her name is Rachael?" Colton said, motioning to a pretty blonde. I shrugged and Schyler got up, "I'm going to use the bathroom, be right back." She left and Colton threw his hands up, "Okay. Let's just pretend Colton didn't say anything." Colton said, causing me to giggle. He smirks and smiles at me. I hope this was the beginning of a friendship.