𝟑𝟗 § 𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝑴𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒆

An unpleasant stinging sensation ran through his entire body as Yeonjun sat bolt upright in bed shortly after

An unpleasant stinging sensation ran through his entire body as Yeonjun sat bolt upright in bed shortly after. His breathing was heavy and his forehead was also sweaty before he wiped away the sweat with the back of his hand. Taking a deep breath, he got out of bed, finding the blanket on the floor as well. Straining, he dragged himself to the door to find the bathroom and wet his face with cool water. He looked done in and tired eyes stared back at him through the mirror. The last few nights hadn't been as easy as he had claimed after all, and as Yeonjun exited the bathroom again, he saw the flickering light of the television. On a very low volume, the voices of Japanese dubbing actors could be heard, and when the older trudged into the living room, yawning, he found none other than Choi Beomgyu sitting on the couch in Yeonjun's gray sweater, wrapped in a light blanket. He was even wearing the hoodie as if it could protect him from danger, and now the scales also fell from the 26-year-old's eyes as to why Beomgyu loved this hoodie so much. It was the scent that clung to it. The warmth and security he felt when he wore it. Even though it was slightly too big for him, he felt comfortable in it and would prefer to never take it off.

Fingers peeked out from under the sleeve, which he slowly brought to his nose, covering almost his entire face, not even noticing the elder as he rubbed the soft fabric against his cheek.

Did he sit here often?

Alone in the dark?

Couldn't he sleep?

Beomgyu was so excited about the plot that he didn't notice the elder's presence at first. His choice of movie today was The Walking Castle, because he liked Studio Ghibli's movies. Above all, he liked the music in it, and not even a soft sniffle escaped him, because in his emotional situation he did not want to wake up his roommates. And he really was incredibly quiet. Because he had done this many times, but he had never woken them up.

Nevertheless, Yeonjun decided to keep him company, toddled barefoot towards the couch and then sat down next to him, causing Beomgyu to look at him in shock as soon as he felt the weight next to him.

"Oh my God!" the younger Choi hissed, nearly having a heart attack, reaching out with his hand to chastise him for startling him so. But instead, his hand gently landed on Yeonjun's back after patterning the latter's face. "Sorry, was I too loud?"