"𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤_

,, 𝙖𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙚 "

-^•*// ꧂

New home.

New room.

New friends.

New school.

New teachers...

New life.

Sometime Aimee just wanted to go back to normal- but this was the new normal. What was to be expected when your dad got a new job and rooted you to the other side of the country?

She was about to find out.

,,

"Aimee, hurry up!" Mum knocked on my door, as I shoved a white cardigan in my bag. It was the first day of my new school in Year 8 and the butterflies inside me weren't going anywhere for a long time. Slinging the bag over my shoulder, I opened the door and hurried downstairs, past Mum and to the kitchen. As I grabbed a slice of toast, Dad looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Have a nice day, sweetie," And back he went to the newspaper. I doubted if any of them had ever been to a new school, I mean, it was okay for them, but me? I didn't think so. Giving him a peck on him the cheek, I hurried out the front door, not wanting to be late for the first day.

How convenient.

The school was right across the road.

How much more convenient could it be if I made some friends? Brushing the thought away, I poked the silver button on the side of the traffic pole.

Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun.

The lights went a glowing red and I ran across, bag swinging side to side- side to side.

This was it.

Students crowded around the front gates, chatting and knitted in small groups, that had probably been together since pre-school or something. Suddenly feeling self-conscious about my outfit, I pushed the front buttons of my cardigan through and hugged my bag.

I could feel my heart booming against the fabric, like the traffic beeper not a minute ago- the world was small and I was even smaller.

Some people noticed me and quickly turned back as I sought eye contact. This was going great- just like how I wanted it to be. Despite myself, I could feel the familiar burn at the back of my nose and tears pushed their way to the front, blurring my vision. Why- why? I didn't want to seem like a wimp on my first day at Bayside High.

Closing my eyes momentarily, I took in a deep breath. Looking up again, two people were standing in front of me, grinning and pushing each other.

There was a girl- with long black hair and glistening light brown highlights giggling as she noticed me.

"Oh- shut up, Felix- hi!" She smacked the other person, a tall boy with floppy hair and a goofy grin. My stomach settled down a bit as I seized the chance to make new friends-

"Hey! I'm Aimee," The pair stared at me before falling over each other, cackling with laughter.

"Sorry about her-," The boy shook his head, smiling, "I'm Felix, and that's Auberon- Aubes." Auberon grinned at me before sticking out her hand-

"Wanna be friends?"

lo guys~

auberon here uwu ,,!

— this  fic is for a ship that felix and i, well, ships

-*~

enjoy! <3

date started _ thirteenth january 2022 <3