Chapter 7- Coronation

"Come on!"

I jumped when Evie grabbed my wrist. She dragged me into her and Mal's door, grinning. I looked at the dresses in awe. She made a dress for me, Mal, and herself. My dress looked almost exactly like Mom's dress, but it had some fingerless leather gloves to match the dress. Evie added a leather jacket to keep me warm.

I got dressed in the bathroom, and I stared at myself in the mirror when I walked out. I looked like a princess, but it had an edge. Like I did.

"Evie, this is amazing," I breathed.

"I know," Evie said with a smile. "And you look gorgeous."

"Ready?" Mal asked.

I stared at her. "You look like a princess."

Mal rolled her eyes. "I hope so."

"Mal, truthfully. You look perfect. Ben is going to love you," I assured her.

Mal smiled, looking at the ground. Evie played with my hair, putting my hair into my mother's famous hairstyle. She fixed a tiara in my hair, which was gold with teal gems. I was grinning.

"Jay is going to love this," Evie whispered, making me blush.

~~~

I was near the front with Audrey. Fairy Godmother unveiled the wand, grabbing my attention. I looked at the balcony. Jay smiled at me. I smiled back, waving. The choir sang, making me smile. The doors opened, and Ben slowly walked across the carpet.

I watched intently. Mochi wrapped around my leg under my dress. Belle handed the wand to Fairy Godmother.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon, with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"I do solemnly swear," Ben said, smiling.

"Then it is my honor, and my joy, to bless our new king."

Jane took the wand from Fairy Godmother, startling everyone. Magical sparks flew everywhere. Fairy Godmother nodded to me. Mal stepped out with me. My eyes glowed red, hypnotizing Jane quickly as Mal took the wand from Jane.

"Mal?" Ben said. "Give me the wand."

"Stand back," Mal breathed.

The three burst through the door, making me confused.

"It's okay."

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal shouted.

"I told you so-" Audrey started before Mal turned to her. Everyone jumped back in disbelief.

"Let's go."

"Revenge time."

"You really want to do this," Ben realized.

"We have no choice, Ben. Our parents-"

"Your parents made their choice!" Ben cut her off. "Now it's time to make yours."

Mal hesitated. She glanced at me. "I think I want to be good."

"You are good," Ben said.

"How do you know that?" Mal demanded.

"Because—Because I'm listening to my heart," Ben admitted.

"I want to listen to my heart, too." Mal turned to the four of us. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." Mal smiled, looking at Jay. "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and (Y/n) make you happy."

I smiled, looking at Jay. Mal looked at Carlos. "And you. Scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. Who would have thought?" Evie was next. "And Evie, you do not need to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben. Because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys."

Jay looked at me before putting his fist in. "I choose good too."

Evie smiled, putting her fist in. "I choose good."

"So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be?" Carlos questioned. "Because they're going to be really, really mad."

"Your parents can't reach you here," Ben assured them.

"Okay, then." Carlos put his fist in the circle. "Good."

Ben and I put our fists in the circle. I laid my head on Jay's shoulder, smiling.

A loud crash broke the triumphant moment. Green smoke filled the room. I froze when Maleficent's dark figure appeared in front of us.

"I'm back!"

"Go away, mother," Mal said.

Maleficent laughed. "She's funny. You're very funny. Here. Wand me, chop chop."

"No!" Ben shouted.

Mal tossed the wand to Fairy Godmother as I backed away. Aziz gripped my shoulders.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi-"

"Boo," Maleficent mocked. She froze everyone except the VKs and... me. Was it because of my magic?

I pretended to be frozen. "Sike." I watched in horror as she danced around, messing around with the frozen figures. She snatched the wand from Fairy Godmother. "Oh, oh no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." She faced the group. "Where shall we begin? I know. How about we start by getting rid of this?"

Mal's ring flew off her finger and onto the wand. Mal gasped in shock. "Perfect fit!"

"Mochi," I mouthed.

The snake slithered out from underneath my dress, slinking through the shadows. I ducked away when Maleficent wasn't looking. Mochi turned as Jay grabbed Maleficent's staff.

"Gaston should be jealous," Maleficent commented before blinding him for a moment.

"Enough! You all will regret this!"

Maleficent turned into a dragon. A force overtook me, telling me to protect them. My dress turned red as red smoke swirled around me.

"(Y/n)!"

I gasped as I felt my body change. I wasn't human. I watched in horror as I turned into a giant cobra, one that looked exactly like Jafar. The one that gave my mother nightmares.

I wrapped myself around my friends, creating a barrier around them. Mal stood in front of us, glaring at her mother.

"Leave my friends alone!" Mal shouted. "It's between you and me, mother. The strength of evil, as good as none, withstands before, five hearts as one. The strength of evil, as good as none, withstands before, five hearts as one. The strength of evil, as good as none, withstands before, five hearts as one." Mal was almost crying.

Maleficent disappeared in green smoke, the atmosphere lifting. I let my friends run up to the villain. I noticed Fairy Godmother unfroze.

"What just happened?"

"I have no idea."

"Did you do it?"

"I don't know!"

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why it's so... itty bitty." Fairy Godmother turned to me, smiling. "(Y/n), did you find your control?"

I changed back, my dress morphing. It was red, and a gold crown adorned my head. Evie's styling was still there, making her smile. Mochi kept her shape, making the group freeze.

"Yeah, I did." Mochi finally transformed, falling to the floor.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

Ben roared, charging toward Mal. He still thought the attack was going on. Mal stopped him, giggling. I wrapped my arm around Jay.

"You're telling me everything," Jay said. "Because I'm still trying to wrap my head around my date being amazing."

I smiled as Ben twirled Mal. "Yeah. I'll tell you everything. Wow, my head."

Jay's smile fell. He hugged me tightly, making me smile. He looked into my eyes for a moment after he pulled away. We turned back to the group. They grinned at us, making us smile back.

"Let's get this party started," Jay said, making me giggle.

"Ohay ohay hey!" we cheered.