Chapter One: The Blue Orbs

"Lily, the dressing room is over there," Keith stated vaguely remembering it, "I think we had a secret knock. Two, two-I can't remember the rest..." he stood next to Lillian as she raised her hand to knock.  "He's gonna think I'm totaly insane just using your knock. I don't even know his name or who he is!" Lillian yelled at Keith, gasping as the door flung open.

"Secret knock? How do you know about that? What are you on about?" the young man looked around to make sure no one was around before bringing her into the room.  The blonde curly headed-blue eyed man set her on the small couch as Keith studied the man's face, almost inches from him.

"Lily, I think this is Rog. Roger? Roger!" Keith paused and looked over at Lillian, who had her hands folded tightly in her lap, almost trying to peel the skin off of each.  "Roger? Do you have another band member named P-" Lillian was cut off by Roger leaning up against the wall, calling for Pete to come out of the bathroom, that he had spent ten years in, "Do you know him?"

Lillian nodded, as she heard the bathroom doorknob jiggle, her heart leaping into her throat.  Once the six foot figure was in the doorway, she heard Roger speak again,  "Pete mate, there's a birdy here for ya.  She says she knows ya."  Pete smiled at Lillian as she nervously bit her fingernails, almost making marks, drawing blood, and biting through her fingers themselves.

She had never met anyone who had an interest in Rock N' Rolll, or Electric Guitars for that matter.  Just as she was about to leave, then Keith sat between her legs, facing Pete, buttox firmly attached to the floor.  Roger and John had noticed the bend in her mini-skirt as Keith laid his head back to look up at her, but she quickly covered it up by placing her numb hands in her lap.

"Pete mate!" Keith called out, almost breaking Lillian's heart into a million pieces, as Pete wiped his hands on a towel.   "Hello miss?" Pete was trying to be quite sincere, however his depressive state after his divorce and losing Keith was practically raining on him the hardest, even though he wouldn't dare let a soul inside to know that.

"Lillian, Lily for short. Pete, may I speak with you for a moment?" Lillian shook again, nervously but subtle as she took his hand and he kissed the space right above her knuckles.  Pete smiled at the young lady as John, Roger, and the newest drummer had all disappeard to practice.

"What is this about Lily? You know, I wrote a song called 'Pictures of Lily'.  Quite a beautiful tune to match such a lovely bird."  Pete tried his best to be charming as she sweetly and silently blushed, no red forming on her cheek bones.

"I- I know this may sound completely and utterly weird-" Lillian's dark green eyes met his blue orbs, just before he looked down, Pete's actions of melancholy had stopped her mid-sentence, "B- but I kno-knew Keith..." she had to take a breath, stopping herself.

"You did? I don't mean to offend you; but he had so many groupies after him, I don't remember you."  Pete picked at his fingers, this was the first gig he was nervous for, since he didn't have his crazy drummer to look at every once in a while and give queues too.  He missed that crazed face as Keith played every song like it was a drum solo.  He missed kicking and breaking his instruments with him.  it wasn't and never would be the same again.

"Keith was..." Lillian looked at Keith for some guidance, but he had nothing.  By this time, Pete was looking directly at her as she tried to find words.  "It's alright. He was an acquaintance of yours and that's all I need to know"  Pete leaned against the wall in front of her, "Are you staying for the concert Miss Lily?"

Lillian smiled gently at him as Keith plopped down on the couch, whispering in her ear, that it was nothing like classical.  "I haven't really been to a rock concert and I bought a ticket, but I'm not quite sure I would even be able to see the stage."  she sighed as he stood up.

"Well Miss Lily of the Keith variety. Will you please be our guest tonight at the side of the stage?" Pete smiled at her, it was the least he could do, seeing she was troubled by Keith's passing as well.

"I'm gonna like this..." she smiled and whispered to Keith's wraith as Pete grabbed her hand and lead her out into the food common area.

Pete stood up and smiled crookedly at her, almost hinting over at Keith's ghost who had now joined them, "I still love him.  I will always love him."

Lillian's mind must have blanked, she completely missed Pete's hint of seeing Keith as well.  Since Pete walked out of the dressing room, he sensed Keith, he knew that Keith wouldn't up and leave him completely.