Chapter 1 The new beginning

As my final moments drew near, the last memories  I could remember were of me finally getting into college. I see shadow figures laughing. They seem happy and my heart feels all warm and cozy for some reason. These memories gave me some sort of comfort.

But sadly the feeling went as fast as it came. Giving me a much different feeling of comfort. 

Not the same feeling of comfort, but it was comfort nonetheless.

It felt like I was stripped out of my body and put into another, now to experience the comfort of someone else.

 Such an unfamiliar feeling to the mind but a more dear and near feeling to the body.

I sensed a very warm and cozy embrace like I was laying on a very spongy and soft cloud with the biggest and softest blankets the universe could ever offer. 

However, I was also falling. 

Falling from extreme heights through the clouds.   

I blinked my eyes open as I slowly came back to reality and out of my fever dream. Slowly wiping the sleepiness from my gaze, as I moved my hands away from my face to get a better view, only to stop involuntarily.

Tiny hand.

And short arms.

I quickly got up and out of the huge bed and stumbled my way to the mirror across the room. I was wearing a light blue above-the-knee loose nightgown, something I didn't recognize ever wearing.                                                                                                         

I took a glance at my surroundings. Weirdly enough I was in a gigantic bedroom with many priceless artifacts I dare not to touch. This was too big and too extravagant to be for just one wine-normal girl’s bedroom.                                                              

I put my hand against my racing heart at my unfamiliar surroundings. I then slowly turned back, only just noticing my physical body appearance.

‘…I’m a child?!’

A young child who looks like she is about thirteen years old! What the hell is this…?

I blinked my eyes at the absurdity. Then, I desperately recalled the situation before I opened my eyes.

 Now that I think about it I can't remember anything, but graduating high school and that I  wasn't a child before this.

Then, when I opened my eyes, I became a child. A young girl with chocolate skin, with shoulder-length full curly hair and her dark green eyes ..."

I can’t wrap my head around this ridiculous situation. There were only things that I couldn’t understand, why is this happening and how did I become a child!

"Eloise, Eloise!”

All of a sudden, the sound of footsteps grew louder and louder, and the door opened with a bang.

“Eloise! What the hell are you doing?”

As the old woman with a crooked face ran towards me like a madwoman, I shrug without realizing it. It was because she was bigger than I thought, it was quite scary.

“If you are up, come down quickly and eat! If you’re late, you won’t have your share of food!”

Three women dressed as maids, walked into two rooms, one roughly grabbed my hand and then dragged me to a vanity then roughly brushed my hair.  Another makes up the bed, and the last one goes into a separate room to pick out clothes for me.