t i g h t c h e s t

hey! just an fyi, this part was originally published in my kami-centric oneshot book! if interested, feel free to go check it out, its on my profile.
the title of this storyline in that book is "f l o w e r s"
its the exact same story- but the authors notes on my oneshot book are going to be a little less formal than the ones on this book, so if you'd like to see the more chaotic side of my personality go check it out lol

anyways, here we go))

It was late. Kaminari couldn't sleep. Something to do with his quirk, he assumed. So much energy built up inside of him that his body just simply couldn't rest. He lay in his bed for what felt like hours, just thinking. His mind was always going, never quiet. Made even the quietest of silences loud.
Eventually his mind grew too loud. He needed a change of scenery. So, the blonde quickly shuffled out of his bed and made his way to the commons, making sure to use the stairs instead of the elevator as to not wake anyone up. It was at least past 12am (00:00), and his classmates would be even more annoyed with him than they already were if he made a racket.

Once downstairs, Denki took out his phone and used his flashlight to navigate around. Again, he didn't want to disturb anybody (or get caught in the commons in the middle of the night) so he decided against turning the light on.

It was strange- this whole thing had become kind of a routine. He did this basically every night. Try to sleep. Give up. Stare at the ceiling as his thoughts engulfed his entire being, leaving no room left for him to breathe, or hear, or see, or do. And then eventually it all gets so overwhelming that he can't handle it anymore- so he leaves. Leaves what should be the comfort of his room (It's not though. He doesn't like being alone, and in his room he always is) and goes for a change of scenery.

Surprisingly though, when he turned his flashlight on, there was a person standing in the middle of the kitchen. It scared the shit out of Denki- he almost dropped his phone as he startled. But the other person didn't seem to move or react at all. All he did was stare blankly at the blonde as he took a sip of coffee.

It took a few moments for Denki's eyes to adjust, but soon he realized he was standing in front of Shinsou. Y'know, the guy he happened to be madly in love with. His heart immediately started fluttering in his chest, followed by the feeling of butterflies swarming around in his stomach.

"You good?" The insomniac asked, a barely noticeable tint of concern in his tone. For some reason, this made Denki's cheeks quickly warm up to a soft rosy shade. God, there goes Denki making a fool of himself in front of his crush yet again. If you keep acting like such a weirdo, he'd never even begin to consider dating you. Denki thought to himself.

"Y- yeah, I'm fine." The blonde answered, carting an anxious hand through his hair. "Mm. Cool." Hitoshi replied before taking another sip of his coffee. And now, they both just stood there- Hitoshi, sipping his coffee, and Denki awkwardly glancing around the room, not sure what to do or to say. Why couldn't he just be a typical human being and interact with Shinsou without making things awkward? God, Hitoshi probably thought Denki was really annoying. Which, of course, was the truth anyways. Denki was annoying, everyone thought so. At least, that's what his mind told him.

His mind was right about to turn down a darker path, one where his mind poked and prodded at every weakness, every insecurity. Especially those revolving around Hitoshi. But suddenly, the train of though was cut off by a feeling in his chest.

Tight. Why did his chest feel tight?