p e t a l s

Loud and painful coughs started wracking Denki's body. Why did it feel like there was something stuck in his chest? Hitoshi's eyes widened as the blonde began his coughing fit, the insomniac unsure of what to do or how to help. Eventually the fit stopped though, leaving a very anxious and tired Denki in its wake.
Hitoshi took a few steps toward the other, reaching out and resting a light hand on the blondes arm. "Are you sick?" He asked, his concerned tone betraying his usually indifferent demeanor.

"I- I don't think so, i feel fine." Denki replied before letting out another cough, covering the cough with his hand. His heart immediately dropped when he saw his hand. There was... blood on it? The slight metallic taste on his tongue confirmed it. Why was he coughing up blood? Apparently Shinsou saw the blood and had the exact same question. "Kami, is that blood? Should I go get Recovery Girl?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing with worry.

He used the nickname so casually- it was obvious they were friends. They had been since Hitoshi transferred into 1A. Denki had been determined to befriend the other since he had walked through the door, and the insomniac succumbed surprisingly easily.

"I'm fine." Denki answered quickly. Hitoshi (lovingly) glared at Denki in response. "Fine my ass. At least drink some water." Shinsou replied, moving to get Denki a glass of water before the blonde had time to process what had been said. The insomniac then practically pushed the cup into Denki's hands, leaving no room for argument.

Their hands brushed a bit at the cup handoff, and for some reason this seemed to trigger the tightness in Kaminari's chest to worsen. He held back a cough to take a huge gulp of water in the hopes that it would soothe his throat, and it did seem to work (at least for now). "Thanks." The blonde said softly, his throat sounding hoarse.

"I'm uh- I'm gonna go back to bed." Denki stated. Hitoshi seemed like he wanted to protest, but in the end, he just let Denki go. So, with a little wave, the blonde was off and headed back to his dorm. Once at his door, he quietly opened it and slipped inside before flopping onto his bed with a soft sigh.

His mind immediately started analyzing his interaction with Hitoshi. The way that Hitoshi's eyebrows furrowed with worry, his voice tinged with concern. The little things he did to make sure Denki was okay. It made a soft warmth grow in Kaminari's chest. Unfortunately though, the blonde only had a few seconds to relish in the warmth before it quickly turned cold, followed by rough coughs that echoed throughout the otherwise silent room.

Suddenly, something came up into his throat. The blonde quickly sat up and coughed it out into his hands.

Petals? Black rose petals, spotted with blood. Why was he coughing up petals?

((not edited, will in the morning lol. just wanted to publish so i could continue writing in the notes of my phone all night

hope y'all are doing well!))