Chapter 1: Storyteller

Y/N Darling was quietly folding clothes with her twin sister, Wendy

Y/N Darling was quietly folding clothes with her twin sister, Wendy. She had a sweet smile on her face as she gently hummed a song. The humming turned into gentle singing, and Wendy couldn't help but smile herself as she listened to her sister's beautiful voice.

"The second to the right shines in the night for you"~

"To tell you that the dreams you plan really can come true"~

Wendy knew the song well. Her sister had written it herself. The two girls constantly told stories of Neverland to their younger brothers, and Y/N had chosen to express her love for the place in her favorite way. By writing a song about it.

"The second star to the right shines with a light so rare"~

"And if it's Neverland you need, it's light will lead you there"~

Wendy joined her sister in singing as the pair continued their chores.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star so we'll know where you are"~

"Gleaming in the skies above"~

"Lead us to the land we dream of"~

Y/N looked up, smiling at her twin as she put the folded laundry away.

"And when our journey is through each time we say goodnight"~

"We'll thank the little star that shines"~

"The second from the right"~

"Come, we should probably go check on the boys," Y/N said, gently taking her sister's hand and leading her up the stairs.

As they neared their room, they could hear their younger brothers, Micheal and John, playing.

"Never! I'll teach you to cut off me hand!" John shouted as the girls walked into the nursery.

Y/N noticed he was holding a coat hanger in his right hand, which was incorrect.

"Oh no, John," Wendy interrupted, noticing the same thing as her sister.

"It was the left hand," Y/N corrected, smiling sweetly at her younger brother.

John looked to his hands, switching which one he held the coat hanger in, "Oh, yes. Thank you, Y/N, Wendy."

Y/N walked over to a wash basin, placing the cloth she was holding in it and picking it up. She walked out into the hallway, running into Nana, their nursemaid, who was a dog, who had a plate with four glasses of water, four spoons, and a bottle of tonic on her head.

"Oh, Nana. Must we always take that nasty tonic?" She asked, knowing the dog couldn't answer, and walking past.

After filling the pitcher, she was walking back to the nursery before she heard her father calling for her.