chapter 5

I waved Jaemin goodbye before stepping into the house. I let out an exasperated sigh, flinging my numb and tired body onto the cold hard mattress.

Sweat rolled down my forehead.

Why did I take the long walk home through the middle of summer?

The phone rang. I groaned loudly and picked the phone up to answer without checking the caller ID"

"hello?"

"Ae-rin?"

Hyunjin. How did he get my number?

"Ummm, you wrote your number on the information trainee form?" he said with a questioning tone as if he knew what I was asking.

"And you called me why?"

"I don't know, just to confirm?" he said.

I hung up, this was irritating. I wanted nothing to d with them, I'm only bringing harm to his parents not him.

I cannot let him know who I am, once he does, I'm dead.

Minho.

He's my suspect for now, but if he ever does find out, I would have to eliminate him.

Just the thought of it felt disgusting as I held in my gag.

All I knew, Hyunjin's parents were the reason my mum's in a better place now, the reason I had to stick up with my arrogant and stupid dad for the next few years.

What if it wasn't his parents, what if, mum didn't even get into a car accident at all, I mean, I was in school when my dad told me that. Ad when we visited mum in the hospital, she had no scratches, blood stains or wounds, nothing. Just a pale face, purple lips and her beautiful eyes that were closed.

"Mum..."

I sighed, scrolling through pictures on my phone.

Dad: meet me today, same place, table three on your left, I ordered your vanilla latte.

Me:

I got up from bed and hesitantly made my way to the café, with a blond wig, oversized clothes, a cap, humungous sunglasses. Thinking about standing out, I clearly was.

I found him with his familiar horribly scented perfume and slightly red dyed hair.

"I think its time to make a move, take it to the next level"

"And that means?"

"Get closer to Hyunjin, date him if you can, start by getting advice from him about like certain dance move tips or something. Like DRAWING. I recently heard he was interested in that. Ummm, yep, I hacked into the CCTV footage to see their expressions on your audition and Hyunjin, he fell for you already, so it won't be hard."

I know, I know, but is this even the right thing to do?