Wedding Date

*Dean and you are best friends. Hunted together several times. Known each other for a few years now and grown close. Even though there has always been sexual tension, the two of you never acted on it. And that has been hard with you living in the bunker for the last year after your house got damaged from a tornado. When Dean overhears you discussing your cousin's wedding with her on the phone, he pretty much makes himself your plus-one without any argument.

Warning: this is a long imagine.

You finish packing your bag for your cousin's wedding and throw it over your shoulder. You couldn't sleep much last night thinking about the upcoming weekend. A few weeks ago, Dean overheard you talking to your cousin about her wedding. Since you left it on speakerphone while attempting to find a dress online, Dean was able to overhear the whole conversation just when you thought he was gone to grab some food. When Dean heard you say that it would just be and that you didn't have a date, Dean decided later that evening to invite himself along and didn't take no for an answer. You caved when he attempted a puppy dog face that just made your heart melt.

It's just a weekend away not doing any hunting (hopefully). Just a weekend with one of your bestest friends that you just so happen to live with and that you've had a secret crush on for awhile now.

What's the worse that could happen?
*******************************************

On the drive to the hotel a few cities away, Dean decides to tell you that he booked one room instead of two like he originally told you.

"But why? I mean, don't you want a room to yourself if you score with one of the bridesmaids?" You joke with a fake smile. The thought makes your stomach churn but you push it down. Dean just shrugs keeping his eyes on the road. "Maybe, maybe not?" He paused. He continued with, "The same could be said about you with one of those pretty frat boys that are friends with your almost brother-in-law. Didn't you hook up with one of them before?" Dean points out giving you a glare. He puts his eyes back on the road, clenching his hand on the steering wheel.

"Look, I just thought we both could use a little break from saving the world

"Look, I just thought we both could use a little break from saving the world. We never just get that chance. Sam, Jack, and Cas are attempting to take it easy also this weekend. Let's enjoy it while we can," Dean said, his arm stretching out behind the headrest of your seat. His hand brushes along your hair before he settles it against the headrest. The occasional playing with your hair lulls you to a much needed sleep against the window of Baby.

Upon check in, the receptionist called the two of you Mr. & Mrs. Winchester since Dean insisted on him paying for the hotel and the reservation was in his name. When you exclaimed "no",  the receptionist seemed confused and Dean showed a small moment of sadness when you glanced over at him. The woman made sure to have two beds in the room even though she offered an upgrade to a king when she assumed the two of you were married.

Dean slides the hotel key into the lock on the fancy door. He opens it for you and you move past him feeling his eyes on you. Ever since you made it a point that you and Dean were just friends to the stranger at the front desk, there has been a rising tension between you and Dean.