Can We Keep Her?

*You are Dean's girlfriend who lives in the bunker with him and Sam. As usual, you stayed behind at the bunker. When the boys return, Dean nervously clenches something to his chest beneath his green jacket. Tiny noises make your eyes widen. What the hell did he bring home?

You wipe your hands on the dish towel when you hear Sam and Dean return from the hunt. As they come down the hallway, you hear low whispers between the brothers. The fact Dean has not called out for you yet concerns you. Something's up.

"(Y/N)! I—we, we didn't know you be up still," Dean stammered, clutching something to his chest beneath his green jacket. The one cut above his right eye and slight busted lip gives you a sigh of relief. At least he didn't seem to get too messed up. Sam appears unharmed but just as nervous as Dean.

"I always wait up for you, you know that," you deadpanned. Sam chuckles nervously then pats his brother hard on his back. Dean let's out an oomph and glares at his baby brother.

"Well, I think I'm going to shower. I'll uh stay away until I know it's safe," Sam said as he backed out of the kitchen. Dean adjusts whatever he is hiding from you. That is when you hear tiny noises coming from beneath that jacket you love so much.

"Dean, is that a—," you step closer and push back his jacket. There against Dean's chest laid a baby girl no more than a couple months old. "Dean, what—," you cannot find the words as you stare back at the innocent child. At least you hoped it was innocent and not demonic. Never know with your life.

"The shapeshifter killed its parents. They just happened to be in the path as we were chasing it. Son of a bitch jumped house to house before we ganked his ass," Dean murmured looking down at the baby. "We couldn't just leave her, (Y/N). Especially after the—," he abruptly stops seeing your face. Grief washes over his face. You knew what he was going to say and didn't want to hear that word spoken from his lips ever again.

"Just because we couldn't have our own, doesn't mean we can just keep a random one off the street, Dean

"Just because we couldn't have our own, doesn't mean we can just keep a random one off the street, Dean. I expect something like this out of Sam, not you. Are you only wanting to keep her because of what happened?" You step away taking your eyes off the baby. She is definitely precious but you are afraid Dean is only doing this because of you losing the baby you and him created.

Dean blamed himself for you having the miscarriage because he couldn't protect you at the time during a case they were working in Colorado and you stayed at the bunker. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't yours. You didn't know a simple trip to the store would have resulted in someone attempting to mug you in the parking lot. The son of a bitch wasn't expecting you to jab a knife into his abdomen. However, you were too late from the asshat's blows to your body and began bleeding as the store manager ran out to the scene shouting for someone to call 911.

"No, I mean, maybe but I feel this is us having a win. We will have another chance at having a baby. Here we are though with a chance to be parents and give this kid a life instead of ending up in some foster home," Dean shifts the baby in his arms all while glancing down at it. Her little hand wrapped around his finger. He lightly laughs. "I don't know what it is, (Y/N), but I could not walk away from her. Not like other kids in the past Sam and I have saved."