chapter 3

Akemi and Richard walked into the house to see it trashed from room to room. " What happen?" Richard asked and akemi stared in terror at the ground that was splattered with blood. Instead of her legs locking they were pushing her towards the living room where loud crashes and yelling was coming from she was terrified. It felt like it was a longer run to the living room from the front door than it usually was her mind was racing she fallowed the blood splatter to the living room tears filled her eyes as she did. She was jolted to a stop by arms crossing her chest as her knees buckled as she was pulled back from the threshold of the living  room by her mother who shushed her " hey it's okay"  akemi collapsed to the ground confused tears running from her eyes as she looked at her mother then back to the living room to watch her father wrestling a wild dog "what happen?" She asked and her mother laughed " well after you left I went to go get the mail and it attacked me. Chased me all through the house and your father decided to take care of it the blood is from my arm and maybe the dog but it's okay " she said her voice soft and monotone which had always soothed Akemis nerves. There was a knock on the door Richard opened it " animal control something about a wild dog" a man said and they all pointed to the living room where Akemis father had his hands in the dogs mouth as it thrashed around the man laughed and walked over with a pole and cage and began to help mister nightshade cage the wild beast. After a while the man left and they finished picking up the house  Richard had gone home and Akemi had looked exaughsted as she sat there staring at blood on the floor   stuck in thought until her mother wiped the blood away and laughed " akemi i am okay i promise  now go get cleaned up and ready for dinner "  she said and smiled softly as akemi nodded and stood walking up the stairs   her hair swayed against her back  as she hummed a soft lullaby she didn't remember her mother singing to her. She walked to her bedroom  opening the door to find that her  window was open again and feathers were all over she sighed   and  began to clean them up " did the dog get in here too" she questioned aloud but her question was answered softly with a growl she froze and turned slowly seeing blood on leading from the window to the closet that she had missed before. she was met with pure  empty eyes and another growl as she backed up slowly towards the window she gulped down a scream the cougar from the woods was staring back at her mouth covered in blood with the small corpse of a dear in its paws. How in the living hell did it get in she thought and glanced at the window she was terrified and the beast could sense that but when she looked back at it,it had sat down properly. And put it's paw onto it's prey as it stared akemi down it didn't move it didn't attack it seemed calm almost like a cat but it wasn't a cat or was a cougar a blood thirsty animal that hunts for food and sooner or later for fun. Akemi stared at it almost in a trance again she sat down never breaking eye contact and as she did so she moved back and spoke softly " hello?" She said to it and it tilted it's head as if it could understand her she gulped " lay down ?" She said and put her hand on the floor slowly and as if the beast was a trained dog it did as told still staring up at her. She gulped " what are you?" She said scooting closer as her curiosity was getting the best of her she wanted to reach out and touch the beast.   The cougar growled and moved backwards as if it was just afraid of her as she was of it, the light on the cougars fur danced softly as if it was to tell a story.     Akemi smiled and stayed seated " your awfully pretty for a creature that's called a monster " she said softly and to that the cougar tilted it's head yet again and moved closer but when it did the door nob began to turn and the beast ran jumping out of the window. Akemi had flinched and looked at the door to see her father staring at her " what happened in here ?" He asked and she shrugged " i thought the dog had gotten in my room too?" She muttered and stood he shook his head " no probably a different animal sorry dear. You go shower dinner is done ...i will get your room cleaned of the blood and...is that a dead deer?" He questioned yet again staring at the corpse she nodded " yes sir i believe it is. Umm could you also fix my window it keeps blowing open " she said and smiled softly as she walked to the  door he nodded and went to the window taking a look at it's hinges she went to the shower with the cougar in mind  as she let the water hit her pale freckled skin as she hummed softly the same lullaby as before .