Case #28 (Cursed Doors)

An entry that is long overdue.

Never would I have believed that a simple doorway could spell your doom, but I have seen several tourists go through ordinary-looking doors and simple disappear into thin air, never to be seen again. This phenomenon is unexplained.

.

Devours door-to-door salesmen?

(Underneath door-) This door is supposed to reveal how you're going to die! When I opened it, I saw myself getting eaten - by ANOTHER CURSED DOOR!

.

The lunar cycle seems to have something to do with it.

"Gateway Moon"

(Underneath door 13-) Ever wanted to see a chorus of children with no faces screaming in a black void? No? Then don't open this door!

AVOID THIS DOOR ON MAIN STREET!

Any door with the number thirteen appears to be a portal to a different plane of existence. Or instant death. Haven't had the nerve to test it.

.

One briefly appeared in my basement. I lost my calculator inside.

KNOCK! KNOCK! WHO'S THERE? THE FORCES OF EVIL!

(underneath door-) What's behind Door #3? I've never opened it! I learned my lesson from the last one! Stay away from the door with the teeth on Maubert Ave!

Cursed doors are a common component of life in Gravity Falls. The locals know which doors to avoid. Visitors are left to fend for themselves █████████████████████ The tourist bureau should really publish some sort of pamphlet.

NOTE TO SELF: Write letter to tourist bureau.