Chapter I : Part 1- 3

"Marinette! Your gonna be late for school!" Tikki squeaked.

"I KNOW!" Marinette yelled back grabbing her bag from the corner of her room, opening the floor hatch and bolting down the stairs towards the living room and kitchen where her mother stood watering a plant sitting on the kitchen island.

"Marinette you're going to be late," Sabine spoke not looking up from what she was doing.

Marinette opened the front door about to bolt out, but before she could do so.

"Don't forget your ticket to the Circus tonight." Her mum called out now watering a different plant.

"Oh Yeah!! Thank you, mama." She jogged toward the table she had left it on, took it and put it in her pocket.

Kissing her mum on the cheek before making her way back to the door.

"Bye Mum!" She declared before finally exiting the door.

Sabine looked up at the door her daughters just scrambled out of sighing heavily.

"What am I going to do with that child." She mumbled to no one in particular, smiling fondly.

~~~

After running for a bit Marinette slowed down to catch her breath, now walking at a quickened pace.

She made her way down the street trying to make it to school before the bell rang.

Few cars and fewer motorcycles passed her by on the way.

The walk was relatively ordinary until the saturated yellow of police tape caught the side of her eye.

Glancing across the street she notices the tape ran across the opening to an alleyway preventing passing pedestrians from entering.

Law vehicles posted nearby,

A few policemen stood outside the yellow tape.

She managed to catch a bit of their conversation.

"Do you think this one is also connected to the recent murders?"

'Recent murders?!' Marinette thought to herself. How come she hadn't known?

All questions are without answers currently...

A tall seemingly muscular man stepped out of the dark alley jumping over the police tape.

He was quite an ominous presence; with his black trench coat and eye pack covering what seemed to be a stitched scar down his eye.

Another policeman walked towards him.

"Did you manage to find any evidence?"

"No." The man asked simply.

"Did you manage to identify the victim?"

"Couldn't."

"What do you mean "Couldn't"?" The policeman said irked by the insufficient responses given by whom was assumed to be the detective.

"Whatever attacked him left nothing to identify..."

"..."

"We will need a DNA analysis to see who this person is."

"I'll go report this to the headquarter."

"Marinette!!" She heard a tiny voice yell.

Oh right. She was still late for school.

She continued her dash against time to make it to school.

~~~

Finally, she made it to the entrance of the building scaling the front in a rush.

After climbing all the stairs just fine, she lost her footing at the last one and tripped.

Before she prepared herself for impact with the hard tile at the top of the staircase.

But it never came, instead, she felt an arm holding her stomach stopping her mid-fall.

She looked to the owner of the hand and noticed they were focused on a paper they held in their hand.

It was a boy with bright amber eyes, white hair that seemed to fade to black at the tips. He was biting his knuckle.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Thank you!" She said scurrying to her feet, embarrassed by her display of lack of balance.

"Huh, Yeah..." He responded still very focused on the paper.

"Excuse me, are you lost."

He groaned in response.

"Let me see," Marinette giggled.

"I can speak French just fine, but reading it..." He said still biting his knuckle.

"Oh! You're in my class! Just follow me!"

The two walked into the school climbing the stair to the floor where their classroom was located.

"Thank um??"

"My name's Marinette! Welcome to the school!!" She smiled fondly.

"Heh, Thank you for helping me Marinette." He chuckled.

"It's the least I can do after you saved me from falling face-first into the cement."

He chuckled.

"Oh yeah, I didn't catch your name?"

"Oh, it's-" He was cut off by a squeal from none other than Chloe Bourgeois.

"ELIAS!~" she exclaimed throwing herself onto the boy now known as Elias.

"It's me! Chloe Bourgeois! Remember? From the hotel, my father set you up in?"

"Uhhhh..."

"I've listened to all your songs and albums!" She said hugging him tighter.

"Wait, what?" Marinette questioned.

"Ugh, of course, you wouldn't know anything Dupien-Cheng, I guess living under a rock for so long 's made you dull." She spat rolling her eyes.

Before Marinette could retaliate. Elias spoke,

"Getting upset causes frizz. I wouldn't want you to ruin your perfect golden hair."
He said smoothly.

"You noticed." Chloe gasped touched by the flattering yet condescending compliment.

Chloe sharply turned to Sabrina who was seated. " SABRINA MOVE!! That's Eli's seat now!" She stomped into the class.

Elias turned around giving Marinette a thumbs up before following behind Chloe.

"Wow, he totally manipulated her..." Marinette thought before walking into class and taking her seat near Alya.

"Girl, do you not know who that is?" Alya looked at her best friend finding her ignorance comical.

"That's Elias Gray. You know, that teen rock star from Canada? He's been in Paris for a month already!"

Alya continued, " He signed a one year contract with Gabriel Agreste to model with Adrien in the 'Seasons Fashion' magazine... I've been talking to you about it for an entire week."

Marinette sweatdropped, laughing nervously, the tan girl sighed at her best friend's antics.

"Take this, listen, and tell me what you think." Alya handed over her AirPods tap and swiped her phone screen.

The blue-eyed girl took the offer and place them in her ears, hiding under her midnight blue hair.

The voice of their teacher captured their attention, call their eyes to the whiteboard in front of the classroom.

"I'll send you the notes after classes," Alya whispered.